Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please!

Hi,
    Has anyone done a volt mod for p35-ds4 rev2.0, the vdroop is fairly high on it with my quad core!

Thanks

Re: help please!

Dont you have Loadline Calibration in the BIOS? If not update your BIOS, then on the main page Hit Control F1.

I know, I know you dont need to hit it anymore, but somethings are still hidden if you dont.

If you do have a old BIOS get a new one, at least F11 it has loadline calibration in it

My P35-DS4 (Rev 2.1) has Almost Zero at certains spots, others about .4 but no where near my older 965-S3

But yeah if you do not see this in MIT section get a newer BIOS it is there.

Here is your P35-DS4 Rev 2.0 BIOS page
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-19-2008, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Its not working.i tried f11,f12 with loadline calibration but steel have droop of 0,02v.i lose on stabiliti when oc!anyone help?

Comment

.02 is not a very large droop at all man! And Where I know Shamino posts volt mods there is none for ds4 I assume because it is not needed at all, I was really worried when I bought mine coming from a 965P-S3 which has a huge one. My board has only small ones at certain spots thru the voltage range, and it has never been a issue for me at any of them. I bet you just need some other adjustments as well as maybe a bump up or down on your vcore

Just up the voltage to the next notch. What frequency are you trying to use, and what are you other settings? Maybe something else needs adjustments because normally .02 will not affect anything. And I say add a bit more because I have noticed that sometimes for example at 1.425 there maybe say .04 droop but at 1.430 there will be ZERO so it just really depends on which setting you are using. And I have noticed at certain other settings loadline has no effect, and other settings it as I said makes it so it is ZERO droop

And of course all your other settings affect stability as well. So please post this back to me, and change it to your settings you are using. And tell me what cpu and ram you are using. And let me know your temps as well, and what you are using to monitor all this

Copy n Paste back your settings>>>>

Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
        CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8]
        CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
        CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [450]
        PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [102]
        C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
        System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00]
        DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

CAS Latency Time_____________ 5 ____ ?
        Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay______ 5 ____ ?
        Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_____5 ____?
        Precharge Delay (tRAS)________15 ____ ?
        ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_______4 _____ ?
        Rank Write to READ Delay______3 _____ ?
        Write to Precharge Delay______6 _____ ?
        Refresh to ACT Delay________42 ______ ?
        Read to Precharge Delay_______4 _____ ?
        Static tRead Value_______________ 1-31
        Static tRead Phase Adjust________ 1-31

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
        DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V]
        PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V]
        FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V]
        (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V]
        CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.25]

I also suggest personally going back to F11 unless you have a 45nm cpu, as I have not tested any of the final versions of F12 so I cannot say for sure if they have any known stability or ram bugs that I know of, Some of the F12 beta's did for me but that is a beta so you never know. But for now until you figure this out unless you have 45nm cpu please go back to F11 for a while

Comment

ok thanx for help.this is max for 3dmark only.

Comment

Well I assume you are on water right? That is a very high voltage, maybe it is as far as your chip is going to go and be stable, that is pretty high for a quad.

I thought you had some issues, that looks like a Damn good overclock I wouldnt be expecting much more out of that chip myself. So without you posting the rest of your settings and telling me your ram type and subtimings and all your other voltage values I cannot make any other suggestions without seeing the rest.

But I would say you probably are up to the highest you are going to get on that chip. Have you tried maybe getting a better overclock with the 8 multi?

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
              Well I assume you are on water right? That is a very high voltage, maybe it is as far as your chip is going to go and be stable, that is pretty high for a quad.

I thought you had some issues, that looks like a Damn good overclock I wouldnt be expecting much more out of that chip myself. So without you posting the rest of your settings and telling me your ram type and subtimings and all your other voltage values I cannot make any other suggestions without seeing the rest.

But I would say you probably are up to the highest you are going to get on that chip. Have you tried maybe getting a better overclock with the 8 multi?
              yes i tried 8 multi but mobo has wall with quad on 476 mhz fsb.my ram i geil ultra 6400 & cooling is geminII.my subtimings are all on auto.i think that i cann go litle higher if i find some pencil mod for mobo.

Comment

Auto for subtimings is likely a issue. Does GEIL have a support forum? I would say that auto is probably not doing a very good job

WOW my xeon FSB wall is around 552 or so, I have benched in at that but havent went above it but I think it will go there. Maybe you need better cooling, for sure I think gemenII is that water? If not no wonder you cant go higher 1.5+ is very hot without water

Just so you know a pencil mod is only going to do the exact same thing as if you raised the vcore a notch really. Because if you raise it more then it droops it would be the same as have a volt mod and setting it one lower. It would end up the same actual voltage in the end either way. See what I mean?

If that is not water cooling, that is the problem I have no doubt. A core 2 would be hot and unstable at those voltages without water for very long let alone a quad

Comment

Ya I looked at your cooler, even a thermalrite True Extreme would be hot probably with those voltages.

I'd say your at the limit for your chip and air cooling

Comment

Ok, I found you these pages (And I seen you posted at a few places I looked as well HAHA)

As you will see there is NONE to little as .01* Droop as stated by people actually making measurements, there is Drop from bios to windows at certain points

And as you know all of this may kill your board so I in no way suggest any of this>>>>
                    Code:
                    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=158210&page=2
                    http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=178139
                    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=161895
                    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-19-2008, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Good links.i will try to find some vmod.thanx for help!

Comment

Alrighty

Be careful

Comment

Working...
                        X