No announcement yet.

AHCI setting-vid card gone w/X38 DQ6...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AHCI setting-vid card gone w/X38 DQ6...

I'd posted about this a few months ago without any resolution, so I figured I'd bring it up again since there's a bit more experience under our collective X38 belts now.
    When I first set up my X38 DQ6 board with an Nvidia 7950 GT and my hdds set in AHCI mode, all ran fine. A few weeks later, WinXP could no longer run the video card, giving me an error code 10 (this device has a problem etc). After ruling out that it wasn't that particular vid card (using a 7900 GTX now), and changing just about every setting in the bios, I found that the only way I could get my vid card to run right in XP was to change my hdd settings was to disable the AHCI function in the bios. I've used various bios along the way, currently using F8 and have the same issue.
    It sure seems like a resource issue for windows, but I'm not sure. Has anyone else had similar problems with this board.
    Thanks in advance for any help with this.
    Also, am I sacrificing any performance by running my SATA 300 drives in IDE mode as opposed to AHCI? Also, when I first changed to the F8 bios yesterday and was resetting the options in it, I went back to AHCI to see if it would work and it did until this morning's boot. Now I'm back to IDE mode.
    Last edited by Rayvin52; 03-14-2008, 07:05 AM.

Re: AHCI setting-vid card gone w/X38 DQ6...

Well the difference's between AHCI and IDE mode would have to be benchmarked on your system, some newer drives are just as fast because of NCQ

As for your issue, sorry I have no clue about that. I know I use seagate drives, but I do raid0 and have AHCI disabled

Comment

Working...
    X