Specs are:

Antec NSK 3480 Case 380W Earthwatts PSU
    Gigabyte GA-MA69VM-S2
    AMD Athlon X2 BE2400
    2x1GB Corsair 800Mhz XMS2 DHX C4
    Samsung 500GB SATA LJ501
    Samsung 203D/BEBN SATA
    ATI X800GT All in Wonder

Having built the system the first boot produced no output to the TFT, despite all the fans starting (CPU, GPU and case), CD drive working and HDD spinning up.
    Having removed the HDD, CD and GPU and using the onboard GFX I still could not get output to the screen. I have narrowed this down to a memory issue or problem with the motherboard.

With one DIMM installed the system will now boot properly. I then updated the BIOS to latest F8 revision, but the system will still not boot with both DIMMS in the slots as Dual Channel and will not POST or output any video.

The memory is Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4 DHX (Corsair XMS2 DHX 6400 800Mhz 2x1GB Paired Modules at CAS4).
    Are there incompatability issues with this memory and the motherboard or is this something else? With both DIMMS installed the system produces one long beep, which I believe means its a memory problem.

Any help would be greatfully received.

Thanks

Harry

Re: GA-MA69VM-S2 Memory problems

Have you tried both sticks separately? I mean you say it will boot with one stick, will it do that with Each stick or just one of them? One could be bad, also do you have the proper voltages and timings set for the ram in the BIOS?

Comment

The other stick won't allow the machine to boot - I guess it dead then and will be on the way back!

Thanks for the help.

Harry

Comment

Yeah for sure!! If you have one stick that wont boot and one that will it sounds like one dead stick to me

Comment

Yep - I'm requesting an RMA from Corsair as we speak!

Comment

Working...
          X