Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gigabyte GA-MA69G-S3H

hi:

i have a problem with the drivers of this motherboard, the audio drivers just dont work, y have a amd athlon x2 48800+, 2 gb kingston ram, gigabyte motherboard, etc.

my windows is windows xp colossus edition, it has sp2, sata2 compatible and many more things, the problem is when i try to configure the sound, i right click the audio in the bar,select volume control and it says:

there is no a mixer dispositive active, :S

please help me, i tryed to format the pc and wont work

thanks

Re: gigabyte GA-MA69G-S3H

I hear this is the FIX>>>>

I was just throwing this out there to spread the word. The other night I was working on the PC I had built for my friend. We had just gotten done installing Windows XP SP2, and began having serious issues right from the get go installing the AUDIO driver. From the CD, and from any other Realtek HD Audio Driver we attempted to install, we would get that the driver failed the installation. Sometimes you'd see the driver with the yellow / black exclamation mark in Device Manager, sometimes not.

We've tried everything; completely removing the driver (which you can't do because you get an error message that states that the computer may need the device to boot up), attempting to install various other drivers in it's place, attempting to add hardware manually, etc. Nothing worked.

I spent quite a bit of time, approximately an hour if not an hour and a half attempting to read up and resolve the issue. A lot of people suggested that there was a fix from Microsoft, KB Article 888111 which has a patch (has to be requested) to fix it. Be advised, this patch did not fix the issue I believe, and it also comes with the patches from Realtek... browse your Gigabyte motherboard CD or your drivers, we found the patch in both locations.

Ultimately, I was able to find the fix online and it worked for me.

The Fix

1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Add / Remove Programs, Remove ANY instance you see of Microsoft UAA HD Audio Driver
    2. Click Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Hardware Tab -> Device Manager.
    3. Search through here, and remove EVERY instance of the Microsoft UAA HD Audio Driver. Note: Could be under sound devices, or system devices also.
    4. I personally didn't have to restart, however you can if you want. After all instances of Microsoft UAA HD Audio Driver are REMOVED, feel free to attempt to install your Realtek HD Audio Driver. We installed the latest one that we found from Gigabyte's website. The installation proceeded fine (never has before), and we restarted when suggested in doing so... sound worked right off the bat.
    And here is the newest Realtek driver for your board (Dont re-install the Microsoft one)>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      I hear this is the FIX>>>>

And here is the newest Realtek driver for your board (Dont re-install the Microsoft one)>>>>
      http://www.gigabyte.co.nz/Support/Mo...ProductID=2554

im doing that now, thanks but.........

i see the drivers from the add/remove programs but in the device manager i really dont found anything so minteresting, only erased the realtek audio drivers

Comment

Well if you dont find it then you may have not installed it, and just had issues with the realtek driver. If that newer one dont work for you, you can try unintalling it and installing the one from realtek instead.>>>

Code:
        http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Did you look under each device in device manager? It could be in a place you wouldnt think of. And hey, you did install the chipset drivers right?

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
          Well if you dont find it then you may have not installed it, and just had issues with the realtek driver. If that newer one dont work for you, you can try unintalling it and installing the one from realtek instead.>>>

Code:
          http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
          Did you look under each device in device manager? It could be in a place you wouldnt think of. And hey, you did install the chipset drivers right?
          yes , i uninstalled all and my motherboard drivers all installed, thanks a lot, it works, now my sistem have audio, thanks again
          bye

Comment

Hey that is great to hear!

Glad you got it figured out

Comment

Working...
            X