GA-EP35C-DS3R cant pass boot screen no keyboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-EP35C-DS3R cant pass boot screen no keyboard

Yes, warning for those who dont know any better. Your ram is rated at 2.1 and that is +0.3 so you can ignore it.

Ya should read the guide I pinned, it will help you better get it all stable, I would assume you are going to need some voltage on your MCH as well for 4GB of high speed ram

You did get me right, about the cheap ram? You only need that to boot and change the bios voltage on your ram to 2.1 then you can put your other good ram back in. Just thought I would say that incase you misunderstood me and thought you needed cheap 1.8 ram to use always....Cause you dont.

And really you just got unlucky with that ram you had because most will default to 1.8 and start anyway, but some will not as you found out the hard way

Glad you are all up and running!

Comment

Aye, got you right, i'm going to take the old stuff back now :) I've just booted vista up without a blue screen coming from A-bit to Gigaytbe which is good cause i hadn't back up my data :) im going to do a re format now anyway but i'm glad its working again. I dont have 4 gig atm i have 2 but im going to buy 4 in April so i will have a total of 6 gig, what did you mean by MCH?

Comment

MCH is in the Voltage settings (Control + F1) it is your Memory Chip Controller in the Northbridge. I would still suggest you add +0.05 or +0.075, or +0.1 to the MCH whichever you have the lowest option of in there, just for stability

Ahh yeah I got confused about 2-4 GB when I was looking for your data about your ram. Ya, you can take back the cheap stuff and keep the OCZ now that you have set the voltages

Comment

well its running at least, only problem is now i get random crashes and lock ups so i cant install windows vista :S is there any reason this could be happening?

i've got the MCH set to +0.1v and DDR Voltage set to +0.3v i dont really want to play with the other settings cause i've no idea if thats the problem or not, i think it should be, but dont know.
          Last edited by lordfallout; 03-10-2008, 12:16 PM.

Comment

I just saw a nice section in your sticky about if your having problems with vista, i'll try these out, one more question though my processor E6850 has a Buss speed of 1333 MHZ so should i set the

CPU Host Frequency (MHz) to 1333?

Because by default it was around 600 also my RAM has a default FSB of 1000MHZ should i set the DDR2 RAM equivilant to 1000?

Comment

Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
              CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [9]
              CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
              CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [333]
              PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
              C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
              System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [3.0 Or 3.2 Whatever is closer to 1000 Or less for now ]
              DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

CAS Latency Time_____________ 5
              Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay______ 5
              Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_____5
              Precharge Delay (tRAS)________15
              ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_______Auto
              Rank Write to READ Delay______Auto
              Write to Precharge Delay______Auto
              Refresh to ACT Delay________Auto Or 0
              Read to Precharge Delay_______Auto
              Static tRead Value_______________ Auto
              Static tRead Phase Adjust________ Auto

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
              DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V]
              PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V]
              FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V]
              (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V]
              CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.35 Or whatever is on your Box for VID or Below this line]

Later you can figure out more using 8 Multi or better 9 Mulit, that would be almost the default above

Comment

Working...
              X