Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EX38-DQ6 - DES LED Light

Hi Guys,
    I've recently got the GA-EX38-DQ6 motherboard and notice that not all the 12 DES LED lights up? The 4 green light, 4 orange light and 4 red light = 12. You know how when you power on the system all the 12 LED will light up and then it turns off but my one only 10 LED lights up, 4 green, 2 orange and 4 red. The remaining 2 orange light flashes gently but you can hardly see it. Is this normal or my 2 remaining orange light is not working properly? Does it cause damage to the motherboard if the LED is flashing? I think my one is faulty, the motherboard is still under warranty so I can RMA.

Re: GA-EX38-DQ6 - DES LED Light

I do not think that would harm the board, it is just possible dying LED's. You could RMA it if you wanted but it doesnt seem like a big deal anyway. And if you overclock you most likely would have that feature off anyway.

But yes it could also cause other problems later if it is a short causing this, but if just dead LED's then it wont. But you cannot tell so if you have a board to use while you wait, and dont mind the wait... I personally would RMA it just incase it causes issues later when you least expect it

Comment

Lsdmeasap thanks for replying. I return the motherboard to the shop where I bought it, told them about the faults and they gave me a full refund. They told me RMA will take approximately 4-6 weeks, I reckon thats a long time, so I'm quite happy that they gave me a full refund. Now I'm thinking of getting the GA-EX38-DS5 instead.

Comment

Ya know, I just looked at mine DS4 and I see 2 of each light, maybe they did add more in the newer ones though, But yeah better to get a refund/rma now rather then try later when you may not be able to, incase it did get other things messed up later ya know.

If I was you I would just get the same board, just make sure they give you a new sealed one. A DS5 would be less of a board then a DQ6, I mean unless you want to save yourself some money. Do they have DS4 X38 there? I ask because here in US we dont have DS5 so I just wondered if maybe we have the 4 and you have the 5, or can you get either?

What is in the 5 that isnt in the 4 or Q6?

Comment

Led Light Mean Power Phase, 10 Flash Mean 10 Phase, However It Should Be
          4 Green+4 Orange+2red, I Guess It Is A Problem With Led, Rma It Will Be Better.

Comment

The EX38-DS4 has less SATA2 ports, the EX38-DS5 is practically a DQ6 but with no Quad-BIOS and no Crazy Cool heatsink on the back of the motherboard.

Comment

@ Janus
              My DS4 has only 2 of each light. Is this because it is not a actual E version? DS4 rev 2.1

@ Nels
              Thanks for the info. Yeah no DS5 here in the US. I want to get a DQ6 soon as I can afford it, the Quad Bios just sounds great. The Ds4 I have is nice thought that is for sure

Comment

Dear Lsdmeasap
                your DS4 has only 2 of each light. Is not because it is not a actual E version, it is because DS4 is a 6 phase power MB.

Comment

Ahh, DQ6 is 12 and DS4 is 6 right?

Ya I think I noticed that after I posted this

Comment

DQ6 is 12 and DS4 is 6 right?

yes^^

Comment

Working...
                    X