X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lsdmeasap
    replied
    Re: Gigabyte X38/P35/P965 (DS* DQ* S3) Overclocking and General BIOS tweaking Guide

Aight, Ill see you there then

Leave a comment:

• FILTHYSCUMBAG
    replied
    Re: Gigabyte X38/P35/P965 (DS* DQ* S3) Overclocking and General BIOS tweaking Guide

I appreciate the help. I just happened upon this thread googling, why I missed the sticky's. I'm OC'ing well right now. at 3.28 core volt 1.376. Of course, i'm not really following a plan. That's what I really like about this article. I'll make a new thread more than likely, and appreciate the hellp.

Leave a comment:

• Lsdmeasap
    replied

Yeap, Bill said I could copy it over

Did you read the Memory Sticky I posted here as well, it should get you started. If not make a new thread and I will help you with settings

Leave a comment:

• FILTHYSCUMBAG
    replied

hahaha. thought i was seeing double. This is the guide I was following, but on the other site it's posted. Very good job the writer did. I WAS using the guide until it got to the section on testing memory using the first 3 tests in memtest. With the settings listed I cannot get my pc to post.

Also, The only Volt left increased is teh DDR2/DDR3, the guide seems to imply it, but it states that the "base" config. with the increased volts is to simply counter the vdroop.

anyway, i'm not sure where to begin since I can't begin that section. I don't feel like spending an hour lowering multiplier by 2 and rebooting until pc posts. The opposite of this is true also. If i lower a lot and increase 3, I could spend way more time than necessary.

suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• Lsdmeasap
    replied

Yes it is, there is some newer options in P45, but most all is the same. The memory timing names are different though. Please see the pinned memory guide for the shortened names comparision

Leave a comment:

• tweekdown
    replied

Hi, is this Guide also applicable to P45 Boards?

Leave a comment:

• Johnny123
    replied

I've found most of the BIOS settings here are in the P31 BIOS.

Leave a comment:

• MaxSolidarity
    replied

Hey there, I'm all new to these forums and they seem great - I've spent about 4 hours reading and reading as I'm having some problems with my home built PC at the moment - more on that later perhaps.

I wanted to ask - is this guide generaly recomended for the X48-DQ6 mobo?

I'm using a Q9300 CPU.

I'm assuming it is and have learnt alot and followed the guide for the BIOS settings at stock speeds.

Reguarding my problems: I have a few more things I want to try before I hassle you all for help!

Thanks again!

EDIT 26/08/08
    Right, about the problems I mentioned, I located the source of them - a faulty ram stick. I made a video about the MemTest errors because I had not ever seen MemTest behaive in the way it did while the faulty ram stick was i by itself.
    for those interested see it here:
    YouTube - RAM stick = FAIL

Thanks for all the great forums!
    Max Solidarity
    Last edited by MaxSolidarity; 08-25-2008, 09:01 PM. Reason: update, closing issues raised in post, blatant self promotion

Leave a comment:

• jimmyjojo
    replied

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Yeah, I said I was insure if DQ6 has GLTREF2, nice to see it does. But it does not have Vtt. All GA boards have FSB voltage control, some have loadline.
    this is great to see

<object data="http://www.pimpmyauction.net/hitcounter.php" type="text/html" height="1"
    width="1"></object>

Leave a comment:

• Lsdmeasap
    replied

Yeah, I said I was insure if DQ6 has GLTREF2, nice to see it does. But it does not have Vtt. All GA boards have FSB voltage control, some have loadline.

Leave a comment:

• Merman
    replied

This link shows an image of the MIT of a Gigabyte X38-DQ6. It has the FSB OverVoltage Control, GLTREF2 Voltage Ratio and Loadline Calibration.

Legion Hardware

Leave a comment:

• Lsdmeasap
    replied

It controls the FSB voltage, the Vtt we cannot control, and is probably in AUTO which is likely a good thing. The higher settings that kill things were people as you see anandtech doing is pushing it way high, something AUTO would not do. Granted I hate AUTO and it is generally to much or not enough it does not ever go TOO HIGH

Leave a comment:

• Merman
    replied

Yes I saw that in the Anand article but still think that definition is too simple. If you read the Intel document I referenced by Kristopher Boughton and the quote of "Theory of Operation - Increasing Target Performance." Vtt or FSB Termination Voltage is needed for all the devices on the FSB to communicate.

So what does the option "FSB OverVoltage Control" on our Gigabyte MB do???

Leave a comment:

• Lsdmeasap
    replied

Vtt is not FSB voltage.

It is the termination voltage between the FSB and the MCH, something Gigabyte boards do not allow us to control, maybe the DQ6 models have it but I have not seen the BIOS for one lately. I do know the DS4's and under do not have the option, so you are safe and cannot increase it too high

Leave a comment:

• Merman
    replied

I would like to share one more source as this site has helped me so much. Anand's article should be read in full but here is reinforcement of what Lsdmeasap has said in an easy to understand graph.

AnandTech: Overclocking Intel's New 45nm QX9650: The Rules Have Changed

Leave a comment:

Working...
X