X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robust Graphics tweak on P965 DQ6

Hi all,

My turn for a question.

Decided to play around with my system last night and noticed the Robust Graphics tweak in the P965 DQ6 rev1 board with options Auto, Fast and Turbo.

I'm wondering if someone can tell me exactly what this does?

Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Re: Robust Graphics tweak on P965 DQ6

Adds bandwidth to your Graphics card that is not in use by other pci slots. Have to be carefull if you are overclocked, try fast first then turbo. Then you can benchmark you card and see the improvements.

If there is any, I never benchmarked it myself but I did set it on fast on my 965P-S3 when I was overclocked and it caused no issues

Comment

Thanks for that - I'll play around and see.
      Managing Director
      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Yes, always best to test because all boards and card act differently so you never know.

One could be better graphic bandwidth then a different setup system with the exact same parts.

You could or should try it on default settings ( No overclock) first and see what you think of it there. I see many people say it does not change any.... I did see improvements on mine though.

I can say I never seen any improvements from "High Speed DRam DLL" settings 1 or 2, and just noticed they have been removed totally from the DS4 Bios's after F10 I think F11 or F12 it is gone. I suspect because it had no use?
        Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 02-25-2008, 04:02 AM.

Comment

I can still see that option using latest F12j
          Managing Director
          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Did some basic testing with 2900 PRO - it's very stable but debatable if it makes much difference, maybe 1 FPS here and there.
            Managing Director
            Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Ya Not much difference as I found as well, I think I gained 10 or so points in 3Dmark 06, but that could also be anything as I only tested a few times, but it seemed to be better each time so I left it on fast.

I never did test turbo.

So whats your view then on high speed dram? I see it has been removed from the last 2 for my board, but my board does have the static tRead phase options (tRc) which is performance level. I dont remember if that was recent addition or always there now that I look, but it has a wide range so I dont think it was the same as the high speed setting that is now gone.

Comment

Working...
              X