Sleep Mode on P35-DS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleep Mode on P35-DS4

Monitor will not wake up on resume from sleep mode. Drives and fans all spin up but the monitor stays blank. Pressing reset will not restart the computer and the only way to get the monitor back up is to turn the computer off (hold power button for 4 seconds) and then re-boot. S3 STR is set in Bios Power options (F11). I have experimented with different power options in Vista, and the DS4 Bios- all with the same result. I also have the latest ATI drivers (1950 XT radeon).

Am I missing something in Bios settings? ( resume from sleep mode in my previous vista build using an asus motherboard worked perfectly)

Anyone else run into this?
    GA-P35-DS4, E6850 C2D 3.0ghz, G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, Radeon HD3870, 650W Blue psu, Vista Ultimate

Re: Sleep Mode on P35-DS4

Could be the Ati driver, make a backup-image and try a few other versions.
    Only other idea i have is the "init display" option in Bios, set it to "PEG" (pci express graphics 1).
    GA-Z77X-UD5H # F16-mod8
    i5-3570K # 4.1Ghz
    32GB Geil DDR3-1600 Evo Leggera
    Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
    Seasonic G-550

Comment

PEG is enabled. I went from cat 8.1 to 7.9 - still no joy. will continue to experiment. Thanks.
      GA-P35-DS4, E6850 C2D 3.0ghz, G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, Radeon HD3870, 650W Blue psu, Vista Ultimate

Comment

One other simple thought came to mind...did you try the other monitor connector on your videocard?

(i'm using a Geforce 8600 and don't have any issues like that under vista)
        GA-Z77X-UD5H # F16-mod8
        i5-3570K # 4.1Ghz
        Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
        Seasonic G-550

Comment

I'll give the other connection a try and post back.

thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

I have the exact same problem. After hours of messing with the settings, I found out that when my DDR2 voltage is set to anything other than 'normal', the computer will not refuse to wake up from S3 sleep mode. My RAM requires 2.1-2.2V to run stable. I also discovered that this is the problem with BIOS F11 only. I reverted back to F7 and things are quite stable. My board is REV. 2.1 so I am thinking it might be interfering with DES feature.

This is my 2nd DS4 and my third one is on the way. I should have the replacement today. The first one had the dreaded cold boot cycle, and now this, if the third one has issues, I will never buy Gigabyte again.

I don't know how Gigabyte is being touted as a good motherboard company. Just reading through all the issues people are having (here and newegg), they should be ashamed to put out a board like this.

So far, the best P35 board out on the market seems to be Abit IP35 Pro. I am hoping my third one will work as I have wasted so many hours trying to work with this piece of junk.

Comment

Originally posted by solo View Post
              I have the exact same problem. After hours of messing with the settings, I found out that when my DDR2 voltage is set to anything other than 'normal', the computer will not refuse to wake up from S3 sleep mode. My RAM requires 2.1-2.2V to run stable. I also discovered that this is the problem with BIOS F11 only. I reverted back to F7 and things are quite stable. My board is REV. 2.1 so I am thinking it might be interfering with DES feature.
              It's the same way on the Revision 2.0, so I'm sorry to say that it is a general BIOS screwup and not limited to DES. All we can do is hope that BIOS F12 is a miracle worker and does a cleanup of all the known bugs without adding new ones.

Comment

Yes, I just installed another replacement. Guess what, the same problem.

PLUS, the video will not work once the computer wakes up from sleep.

I am done with Gigabyte. Will be returning it for another P35 brand.

Comment

You can't be sure it's the boards fault though for your videocard not waking up again, might be the card itself.
                  GA-Z77X-UD5H # F16-mod8
                  i5-3570K # 4.1Ghz
                  Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
                  Seasonic G-550

Comment

By going back to BIOS F8, the problem can be solved along with some other suspend bugs. F9 and F10 have nasty memory bugs and I cannot go any further back as F8 is the first BIOS to support my QX9650 processor.

Comment

Originally posted by Rewl View Post
                      You can't be sure it's the boards fault though for your videocard not waking up again, might be the card itself.
                      Tried 2 different cards made by 2 different manufacturers. I tried 3 DS4 revisions. One works with the video card, the other does not. BIOS is very finicky.

Right now I am on F7, it's relatively stable at 3.2GHz (Q6600), but there are other issues that have not been resolved. I heard that F8 has a bug with memory.

Comment

Working...
                      X