Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is there any way to run EIST without C1E activated on GA-P35-DS4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there any way to run EIST without C1E activated on GA-P35-DS4?

i had been having some minor stability problems under full load, and i had read elsewhere that the C1E setting on these boards could cause minor instability issues
    anyway, i turned C1E off, and no more crashing whatsoever
    so i run CPU-Z, and it turns out EIST is no longer functioning...turns out CPU running full speed at all times...means more heat buildup here
    i'd rather not have my computer running full multiplier(OC'ed) to read email and such, but id like to keep the C1E feature off for enhanced stability...

anyone else having this issue, and is there any workaround?
    btw, running F9 bios
    thanks for any help

Re: is there any way to run EIST without C1E activated on GA-P35-DS4?

well it seems i have found my own workaround already hehe
    as it turns out, if you change the cpu voltage in the bios with C1E and EIST enabled, EIST will work (i.e. drops the multiplier to lowest setting when idle), but the CPU voltage will remain fixed as if C1E is off
    the CPU voltage in the bios shows the changed voltage instead of showing 'Normal', which is the default
    Now, you can change the cpu voltage back to stock (1.275v in my case), and the cpu voltage setting in bios will show that number instead of 'Normal'
    at this point, EIST will still work, but the voltage will remain constant as if C1E is off! lol :P
    this is a weird one ;)

sounds a bit of a fine point, but after frying a couple Athlon 64s, im keen to only run stock voltage on this new machine hehe
    hope this helps :)

Comment

Re: is there any way to run EIST without C1E activated on GA-P35-DS4?

Good, thank you f-town

Comment

Working...
      X