P35-GS4 Memory problems F9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: P35-GS4 Memory problems F9

Thanks so much for the info here you saved me an RMA.

I too had lots of errors using memtest86+ and windows memtest.

Went back to f8 and no more errors.

I wrote to Gigabyte support

Question
    Bios f9 is causing HUGE memory errors. Used Memtest86+ and windows memtest
    Went back to bios f8 and eveything is fine

Answer from them 12/28/2007
    hello,
    mother board bios memory voltage setting is base on 1.8v ( default voltage ), please check current model memory voltage spec if it's higher then 1.8v go in bios under M/B intelligent tweaker memory voltage control item adjust memory voltage to match memory voltage needs .
    for example : current memory is 2.2v go in bios M/B intelligent tweaker on memory voltage control item change to +0.4v ( 1.8v + 0.4v = 2.2v ) this will match the current model memory voltage spec system will work stable .

Comment

Re: P35-DS4 Memory problems F9

GIGABYTE needs no introduction but they are here to provide free technical support for their motherboards, graphics cards and other products!

Originally posted by miahallen View Post
      "User CP" -> "Edit Signature" ....you'll see mine at the bottom of this post ;)

I recently contacted Gigabyte (via thier online technical support "email") concerning this F9 memory issue...I've posted my communitcation with them on XS Forums, but I'll post it here as well...thanks jriker1 for the intro to this forum, cheers!

The following day, they responded with:

I wrote back with this:

Then I flashed back to the F9 BIOS and re-ran the tests with the "fail-safe" settings, and the "optimized" settings, just to cover all my bases.

fail-safe:

optimized:

Gigabyte contacted me a final time with:
      Had exactly the same problem testing 5 rigs with the following spec:

1 x 3U Antec TAKE3 Rackcase with 450W PSU fan/filters in Black<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
      E6750, S775, 2.66 GHz, 1333MHz FSB <o:p></o:p>
      GIGABYTE GA-P35C-DS3R
      Corsair 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 1066MHz/PC2-8500 XMS2 Dominator Memory Non-ECC Unbuffered CL5(5-5-5-15) E.P.P. DHX <o:p></o:p>
      1 x WESTERN DIGITAL 36GB WD360ADFD Raptor, SATA150, 10000 rpm, 16MB Cache, 5.2 ms, NCQ HDD<o:p></o:p>
      1 x LG GDR-H30NBL 52x16 DVD-Rom Black
      1 x XFX 256MB XFX 8600GT, PCI-E (x16), Mem 1400 MHz, GDDR3, Dual Link DVI
      1 x MS Windows XP Pro SP2

I was using BIOS F9 on all 5 systems and all had the same issue. Thank you so much for posting

best regards

e2x
      Last edited by e2x; 12-31-2007, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Bios F10 I see is now out. I'm going to give it a try and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by miahallen View Post
          I recently contacted Gigabyte (via thier online technical support "email") concerning this F9 memory issue...I've posted my communitcation with them on XS Forums, but I'll post it here as well...thanks jriker1 for the intro to this forum, cheers!

System Configuration
          VGA Brand : Nvidia Model : eVGA 8800GTX
          CPU Brand : Intel Model : Q6600 Speed : 2.4GHz
          Operation System : n/a SP :
          Memory Brand : Type : DDRII
          Memory Size : various Speed : various
          Power Supply : 500 W

tested four different sets of memory:
          (x2) 2x1GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-6400 @ 800MHz 4-4-4-12 2.2V
          (x1) 2x1GB Corsair Dominator PC2-8500 @ 1000MHz 5-5-5-15 2.2V
          (x1) 2x2GB G.SKILL PC2-8000 @ 1000MHz 5-5-5-15 2.1V
          tested by pairs & with individual DIMMS. Results never varied.
          This is a bug report for GA-P35-DS4 Rev.2.0 ***F9 BIOS***
          Running the popluar memory diagnostic tool "memtest86+" v1.7 results in numerous "false positive" errors. Errors always occurring during test 1 and/or test 2 and always at address "0007feedf18" regardless of memory brand/size/configuration. I flashed back to the F8 BIOS and memtest86+ v1.7 runs without issue.
          Please refer to the "more detailed configurations" section for more information on tested memory.
          I also briefly tested memtest86 v3.2 with the same "false positive" errors.
          F8 BIOS

F9 BIOS
          The following day, they responded with:

No issue with bios below F9?
          Any settings overclocked?
          How about running it at default specs?
          I wrote back with this:
          "No issue with bios below F9?"
          No, F7 & F8 work fine, no issues found.

"Any settings overclocked?"
          I've tried overclocked, underclocked, and rated speeds for all components with the same results in memtest. I even tried the Crucial Ballistix, rated at 800MHz 4-4-4-12 2.2V, at 800MHz 5-5-5-15 2.2V (underclocked) and still got the same errors with F9. With F8, I can run at 1200MHz 5-5-5-15 2.2V without errors.

"How about running it at default specs?"
          Set everything at factory rated spec, still got the same errors in F9.

"Ryouko" alearted me to the issue in post #1823 of the Gigabyte P35 thread (page #73) at XtremeSystems Forums...feel free to read our discussion here (toward the bottom):
          These motherboards will be launching very soon, you can even find F2 bios for some of the boards online. With this thread we'll try and help those having issues. We'll cover driver and bios updates incl. betas, reviews and general tips and help. Please join us :) http://62.109.81.232/cgi-bin/sbb/sbb.cgi?&a=show&forum=23&show=35 http://www.hardwarezone.com.au/reviews/view.php?id=2246&cid=6&pg=1

He has had similar results:
          I have been running memtest86+ on it (usb legacy disabled) with 3 different sets of corsair CM2X1024-6400C4 and then I tried the Crucial Ballistix BL2Kit12864AA804 and they both failed, both with using the pc35-ds4 default configuration, and with the optimized configurations that are recommended by the memory companies website.
          Then I flashed back to the F9 BIOS and re-ran the tests with the "fail-safe" settings, and the "optimized" settings, just to cover all my bases.
          fail-safe:

optimized:

Gigabyte contacted me a final time with:
          revert back to the F8 bios for now, we will examine the F9 bios
          Just wanted to let you all know the problem has been resolved with the new F11 BIOS...no more memtest86+ v1.7 errors for me. Thank you Gigabyte!
          The post counter is not an intelligence meter!

Heat Team IRONMODS

Comment

Working...
          X