GA-P35C-DS3R problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GA-P35C-DS3R problems

maybe a bad board. have you tried the normal cmos clear buisness?

Comment

UPDATE:
      1) RMA the board last month and it took a month to get it back

2) Plug everything in and it still boots into a loop...

3) PLEASE ADVICE EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS BOARD!

Comment

Thats too bad, a friend of mine just got two of these boards to build for people., and one of em, had the dredded reboot cycle, the other has usb problems (doesnt work at all). waiting to see how his rma goes. and definitly going with something else soon myself.

Comment

Likely my last post regarding this board... I noticed another odd thing... CPU/heatsink fan will have an initial spin for 5 sec and then it dies... this repeats with each reboot, while the system/case fan has no problem drawing power and runs.

In any case, on my 3rd motherboard in 2 months... Gigabyte (this piece of ****) > ABIT IP35 Pro 775 (DOA) > ASUS P5K-E P35 775... finally ASUS comes through!

Comment

I had a p5b deluxe wifi, but sold it unfortunatly, that board never gave me grief no matter what I threw at it. I thought you buy the better brands to avoid this kinda stuff, the foxconn I had was a POS, and couldent overclock at all, the abit was dead in a week, and the asus was awesome, figured gigabyte would be the same, as it seems to get good reviews, but guess not.. going elsewhere after this.

Comment

Just a little update on my part, im still yet to receive my motherboard back as Gigabyte Australia are still "repairing it" Its beyond a joke now and im getting really angry , complained to the supplier and they said its now in the hands of Gigabyte. If i eventually get a replacement, ill be putting this straight on Ebay for sale and hopefully someone else can endure the pain of Gigabyte, i feel sorry to do so but its my only option

Comment

I am new to posting in this Forum, but have been following it for a while. I put together a new PC over Christmas, and you can guess what board.... I too had major problems with BSOD, reboot loops, and difficulty with 4 sticks of Corsair XMS 6400 ram.

After alot of web research I decided (no surprise) that my main problem was the BIOS and the ram VDIMM control. I don' t know if this is vdrop and/or vdroop, but my ram requires 2.1V for its rated latency and this board doesn't easily supply it. The standard vdimm is 1.8V, so I naturally added +0.3V in the BIOS. this didn't help me boot, unless I went with auto ram timings (5,5,5,15 vs. rated 4,4,4,12). Finally after getting BIOS version 7 I can see the actual voltages in the BIOS. It took me +0.6V to raise my vdimm enough to boot with my ram at correct timings! This board cannot add when it comes to voltage... my voltage is supplied with anything from 1.95 to2.21V now, but at least it POSTS, boots and loads windows Vista x64. I am stable with Prime 95 and OCCT now. Running 333x9 for 3.0GHz, and stock ram speed at 800, but with 4,4,4,12 timings and Extreme performance boost (which I think has to do with better ram performance). I'm not quite a noob, but no expert either. I will keep watching to see if anyone can get more out of this board. I thought I'd at least pass along how I got the thing to run stable.

By the way, I've tried BIOS 4,7,9, and 10. So far 7 seems best to me as I had problems with both 9 and 10, and 4 wouldn't do anything for me.

Anyone able to get a Q6600 stable much past 333 FSB or 3.0GHz on this board?

Comment

is there any dead on way to check voltage on this board, other than sticking a meter in the case, I see no changes in voltage in a couple programs without a huge change in bios, like the cpu for example, I have to set it at 1.375 to get 1.325 in the bios readings and in gigabytes proggy, if I set it to stock 1.325 I get 1.29 1.30, which is below stock by quite a bit. just wondering what you guys use reliably to get voltages.

Comment

CoryQ6600, not sure what version board you have, I have v1.0 with F2 bios. Try clock ratio 8x, CPU Host Frequency 400, System Memory Multiplier(SPD) 2, and CPU Voltage Control 1.33750V. This will give (should) you 3.2g and mem at 800mhz. Keep your Host Frequency set at an industry standard frequency 266/333/400. Don't set odd frequencies i.e. 343 or 385 or 412, etc, until you can get a known stable system at 333 or 400. I would think you can get a stable system at 3.2g with no problems.

I have upped my v1.0 board to 8x400 and 2.5 multipler and been running stable last 3 days, so I will be changing my sig. I run Crucial 8500/1066. The 2.5 multiplier gives me 1000mhz on the memory but close enough to 1066. If I up the fsb to 425 to get 1066 I get stability issues. So my suggestion is keep 333 or 400 fsb only and get as close to your mems rated speed stable using the System Memory Multiplier.

I'm curious, what board version do you have and what bios version shipped with it?

Dave
                    Last edited by dave_99; 01-13-2008, 10:55 AM. Reason: added Memory

Comment

Dave,

My board is a 2.0, and was shipped with bios 4. I'm currently on 7. I tried 9 and 10 for the fan speed control (I was having heat issues that I've fixed now). I went back to 7 because I had my best stability with it (I think). I've run 400 fsb at 8x and 1:1 ram (for 800 Mhz- my Corsair XMS rated speed). I had to loosen up the timings for it to post, and set performance enhancement to standard. Everything looked stable, and it seemed faster, but it wouldn't pass the OCCT stability test. So I put it back to 333 x9 5:6 (800Mhz) @ 4,4,4,12 with Extreme boost. Passes stability test fine now. I am not sure what was causing the errors. I had the multiplier at 8x. I even tried upping the NB voltage +0.1 (it didn't help). I hear there is a bios 11 now, and wonder if it is worth a try.

Comment

V2.0 and bios F4 and they still haven't got it right yet. I'm not used to being so overclocking limited as this board proves to be. It does have some serious flaws and issues in the way of engineering and bios support. I do know bios updates can't overcome all hardware issues, and I think this board is a dead end. I can only wonder what issues a Penryn causes since you have to use a later bios?

Anyways, there used to be a very good motherboard maker named SOYO and they looked exactly like Gigabyte looks today with low quality boards, poor bios support and slow response time. I would not be surprised to see Gigabyte go the way of SOYO.

Dave

Comment

has anyone made any progress with this? My new build with a dq6 has exact same symptoms...

Comment

Was just about to order a GA-X38-DQ6 as i sold my replacement GA-P35C-DS3R thank god But decided to go with a XFX 780i instead. The way gigabyte handled this was so poor it took me more than a month to get a replacement after they said they were repairing it Good luck everyone else i think the best thing is to just accept that its a p.o.s and buy something else.

Comment

Haha... Now you're at the mercy of NVidia to provide decent chipset drivers (which they don't, IMHO), and you probably won't be able to use the next minor stepping of CPU without changing your board for an 880i, which in reality will be exactly the same as 780i, juts like 680i... You'll have absolutely no overclock potential compared to an Intel chipset, you'll find you need twice as many case fans and your power bills will go through the roof.

NVidia chipsets utterly suck. I'll never have another one again. I went from 650i to P965, and now P35, and I'm so happy.

Comment

i dont get it. why is this the highest and most rated socket 775 motherboard on newegg when it has all these problems? maybe people review it right after they get it and not 6months later when it breaks down into the reboot cycle? ugh!

Comment

Working...
                                X