Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Ahh so you already RMA'd then eh? Well if so, good luck with your new board! Hope it is ok! In the mean time if you can try to check both those drives on another PC to be sure they are ok

Comment

Sorry, perhaps i wasn't too clear. I bought my board in Bucharest, Romania, and here isn't so easy to change a smashed board. I sent it back, but I'm not sure if I will receive a new one, or the guys from the service will told me that I was the one who smashed it (in this case, I'll have to buy a new one). The board is still in service, and I don't think they'll tell me anything about the problem until 15-20th of January. So I saw you discussing a lot of different problems about this new board, and I thought perhaps some of you know about this particular error code.
      Anyway, thanks for help and Happy New Year for everybody.

Comment

Hi,

I don't know if Janus is still around here, but I have read quite a few threads where he has replied and he seems to have provided information that you wouldn't find anywhere else on the web, so I am hoping to get some help either from Janus or someone who replaced Janus.

I have a GA-P35-DQ6(rev1.0) motherboard and I have flashed the latest BIOS (F9b) many months ago but still have my issue since around april.

I got the board last year and it worked fine for at least 4months and then I get a warm boot problem.

To reproduce the problem: Shut down your operating system, and power the machine back on without turning off at the mains.

Symptoms: Upon pressing the power button the power LED on the case stays on constant, power supply has and continues to send power to all devices and fans as I hear them start spinning and making their usual noises. The monitor stays in the standby mode (waiting for a VGA signal).

Workaround: I cant press the power switch to power off the machine so I have to use either the power supply switch or the mains switch to turn off my machine, my power supply will beep on and off until power drains from it. I can then turn on the main/power supply switch to on and press the power button and 99.9% of the time it boots normal until the next shutdown.

I believe this is a motherboard design flaw/mothetboard fault and it is similar to some posts I have read on the net but no one describes it exactly like my problem.

If you think it is bios setting related I will try anything, if you need to know about my hardware and what I have connected to the motherboard from the power supply then just ask.

EDIT: I have also just found out from a friend across the water that he has the same issue with a GA-MA78GM-S2H (rev1.1) so it's not just me.
        Last edited by infiniti25; 12-31-2008, 08:45 AM. Reason: Confirmed second case

Comment

Ahh, sorry to hear that antivir!! Well I wish you luck with getting a good reply from them!

@ Infiniti25

Are you overclocked? Yes, please do tell us more, I would like if you could post your full specs and link to your ram if you can as well.

When you flashed your BIOS to F9b, did you reboot and load and apply/save/reboot optimized defaults and then reboot back to the BIOS to make all your needed changes? If not you must do this, otherwise the flash may not fully implement all hidden settings properly. If you did not ever do that please do, and remember to any other time you flash as well it is a MUST. On that note, did you try F9a as well? They both are said to be working fine

And Please fill this out with what settings you are using so I can have a look at what you are running >>>

This is Just a template I use to ask people their settings, pay no attention to the numbers in it, replace with yours

Code:
          Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
          CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8] 
          Fine Clock Ratio ____________[0.5]
          CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
          CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [450] 
          PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
          C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
          System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00]
          DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ ?
          Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ ?
          Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______?
          Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ ?

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ ?
          Rank Write to READ Delay________ ?
          Write to Precharge Delay_________ ?
          Refresh to ACT Delay______________ ?
          Read to Precharge Delay__________ ?
          Static tRead Value_______________
          Static tRead Phase Adjust________ [Auto]

CPU/PCIEX Clock Driving Control [800mV]
          CPU Clock Skew Control [normal]
          GMCH Clock Skew Control [Normal]

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
          DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V] 
          PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V] 
          FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V] 
          (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V] 
          CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.25]

Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
          No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]
          CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
          C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
          x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
          CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
          CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
          Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled] Enabled if you use Vmware/Virtual PC

Integrated Peripherals
          Legacy USB Storage Detect___________________[Disabled] *Note* Must be enabled to flash from USB

Comment

Hi,

I have had this issue for a long time now and it still persists after trying all bios revisions above f5 which the board came with. I dont want to flash any lower incase I lose CPU support or something.
            I found your BIOS flashing guide yesterday just after I posted and followed the steps best I could. I used the battery removal method and even tried to power on without the battery in to see if I would get the back checksum error, but nothing. Got my usual boot problem on the first power on and then subsequent power on attempts followed a 1 second burst of life followed by a 2 second downtime.
            I managed to get the machine to power up after the battery was put back in after a few tries.
            I then flashed the bios from my usb drive, rebooted, loaded Optimized Defaults & set vDimm to +0.30v.
            Still had the boot problems so I flash back to F6 and still got the problems.
            I think its to do with Gigabyte being skimpy with the power VRM thing, I read they say its a 6 phase but its not a true 6 phase its two 3 phases working together.

My System includes

CPU: Intel Kentsfield Q6600 2.4GHz 8MB L2 cache, G0
            RAM: OCZ Gold 8GB kit(OCZ2G8008GQ)
            Mobo: Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6(rev1.0)
            Gfx: Sparkle PCI-e 8800GT 1GB Silent Pipe
            HDD: 2x Seagate 500GB ST3500320AS 32MB cache SATA2, 1x Western Digital Caviar 250GB WD2500YD 16MB cache SATA-300
            DVD-RW: Lite-On DH-20A1S18C DVD-RW/R/RAM SATA
            PSU: Enermax Galaxy 1000W DXX(DX10) Modular
            Cooling: Swiftech Apogee GTX waterblock, Swiftech Xeon watercooling kit (resevoirless)
            Floppy:None
            USB: Logitech G5 7button gaming mouse, Logitech UltraX slimline keyboard

I have overclocked lots of times before this problem occured and lots since this problem occured.
            I do remember in early january/february 2008 that there was a really faint squealing noise from the motherboard, but that went away and I dont remember how long I had it for or what caused it.

All my bios settings remain intact during this problem its related to when I first press the power on button, if the power led stays on then the system just isn't booting. I hold the power on button and turn the psu power switch off until the psu led goes out so I know its drained then I switch the psu switch back on and power on immediately and it works until next shutdown.

Could you confirm whether or not the BIOS stores a copy on the hard drive? I don't remember where but I read that because it is supposed to be quad bios that it stores a copy on the hard drive if the main bios fails to load. Could the copy on the hard drive be corrupt or out of date?
            I do still have the boot problem with no hard drives connected.

Another question, I have never plugged in the 12v 4pin molex connector (not to be confused with the CPU's 4/8pin 12v connector which I always plug in the full 8pins) because I read it was for when I would use both PCI-e slots. I dont use both slots but I wondered if it would bring extra power to the graphics card which already has 1xpci-e 6pin power connector plugged in (only has one power socket).

Code:
            Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Turbo]
            CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [9] 
            CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [400] 
            DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Auto]

Performance Enhance = [Turbo]

CAS Latency Time________________ [Auto]
            Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ [Auto]
            Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______[Auto]
            Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ [Auto]

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ [Auto]
            Rank Write to READ Delay________ [Auto]
            Write to Precharge Delay_________ [Auto]
            Refresh to ACT Delay______________ [Auto]
            Read to Precharge Delay__________ [Auto]
            Static tRead Value_______________ [Auto]
            Static tRead Phase Adjust________ [Auto]

CPU/PCIEX Clock Driving Control [N/A]
            CPU Clock Skew Control [N/A]
            GMCH Clock Skew Control [N/A]

DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.40V] 
            PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.10V] 
            FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.10V] 
            (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.150V] 
            CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.42500V]

Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
            No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Disabled]
            Virtualization Technology................: [Enabled]

Integrated Peripherals
            Legacy USB Storage Detect___________________[Enabled]
            Last edited by infiniti25; 01-01-2009, 10:12 AM.

Comment

@lsdmeasap and others, I want you to be aware that I have a very very similar problem. Infiniti and I have discussed the details at length. What we have in common is Gigabyte mobos (but not the same model) with Award BIOS. (Also we both use 8GB of RAM, but it's different RAM and we've experimented with less.)

On mine, the problem is a very strange delay or hang or wait that occurs only on cold (power off) startups. The power button is pressed and everything is exactly as in Infiniti's situation; about 2 seconds pass and the monitor goes down into power-saving/wait/standby mode. If I do nothing, the system seems to be sitting at idle for between 7 seconds and (usually) about one minute 10 seconds. Then there is either a perfect BEEP! or else a kind of stumbling de-d-BEEPfor the hang is again just over a minute.
              AMD Athlon 64 x2 5600+
              Gigabyte AM2+ GA-MA78GM-S2H ver 1.1. BIOS (newest) F11
              NB: AMD780G. SB: AMD SB700
              RAM 8GB (2 kits @ 4GB each) G.Skill DDR2-1000 (F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ PC2-8000 x2 CL5-5-5-15) running as DDR2-800
              Case Antec P150
              PSU Corsair HX520W. (PSU calc by Corsair + NCIX; tested by TT Dr Power.)
              Cooling Xigmatek HDT-S1283 heatsink (Arctic Silver 5); 6 fans
              HDDs usable 1.7 TB Video ATI Radeon HD4670
              Monitor 22" LG W2242TQ w/Belkin DVI-D
              Sound Altec Lansing 5.1
              Mouses (2) Logi MX620 + Logi V220
              KB Simple Perfection backlit USB
              XP64
              No gaming; heavy simultaneous use of big programs
              System built Nov 2008

Comment

@ infiniti25, if you are trying to clear your CMOS and are not getting a checksum error then you are not getting the CMOS Cleared fully. How long are you trying this, and what are you doing to try it?

Your board has a Quad Triple Phase Power setup, that would be 12 Phase. Not sure what you meant by your comment about that or where you read that it was 6 Phase but it was wrong

I would go ahead and flash to the Latest NON Beta, or Beta if you like and use that for now. Not a much older BIOS as F6

Yes, the Quad BIOS stores a backup in the HPA section of your hard drive in a NON Raid or NON AHCI setup, but that has nothing to do with your issues. That is only for a BIOS failure where a recovery would be needed and then only after the backup chips on the board failed as well would it get the BIOS from the drive

Do you have these issues at stock? 8GB is alot of ram, so I just wondered. I do see you are using all Auto, that wont be stable even with 4GB so this is likely a HUGE part of your issues for sure. With 8GB you will need to set all settings manually, and spend some time tweaking them

Also, have you lately or ever tested each stick on by one at stock spec'd settings with Memtest86+ to be sure none are faulty modules?

That extra onboard molex is just as you said, IF you want to use it to connect to power a card or something else. Just a extra power connector is all

Here would be optimal ranges for the settings you gave above with 8GB of ram >>>

Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Turbo] << Set to Fast or Auto for now to rule this out as a Issue
                CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [9]
                CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [400] << Use 401 or 399
                DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Auto] << Manual

High Speed Dram Option (If you have it, try both last)

Performance Enhance = [Turbo] << Huge ISSUE as well, Set to Standard.

CAS Latency Time________________5/6
                Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay________5
                Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______5
                Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 18

Set all below to highest values first, then later lower one by one testing with Memtest86+ as you go

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________3-5
                Rank Write to READ Delay________ 4-8
                Write to Precharge Delay_________ 4-12
                Refresh to ACT Delay______________ 65-75/80
                Read to Precharge Delay__________ 4-7
                Static tRead Value_______________ 7-12
                Static tRead Phase Adjust________ [Auto] << Always Auto

DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.40V] =2.2V << I do not advise running 2.2V without a Fan directly over the ram. 2.2V is likely also not need at all, especially not until you overclocked the ram which would be pretty hard with 8GB. Set +0.3 for 2.1V for now as 2.2 is only the max warrantied not usually what is needed at all. More does not help here with stability and could cause issues. You did however for sure need more MCH noted below

PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.10V]
                FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.10V]
                (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.150V] << +0.25-0.35 needed for 8GB of ram

CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.42500V] << may need more, or less? All up to your chip and your boards Vdrop and Vdroop. What do you get for idle and load for actual voltages in CPU-z and have you fully tested your CPU for stability? Just wondering, Your issue mainly I think is the use of 8GB of ram with way to many Auto settings and Turbo Performance Enhance.

Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled] << Enabled
                No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Disabled] << Enabled
                Virtualization Technology................: [Enabled] << Disabled if you do not use Vmware/Virtual Machines (Virtual PC)

Integrated Peripherals
                Legacy USB Storage Detect___________________[Enabled]

@ Groonx2, do you have a thread about this issue? If not please make on, if you do please bump it so I may see it in the next day or so. Normally this is all caused by settings, as you can see above I noted out Several things and reasons why things would not work properly for Infiniti25. 8GB is alot of ram, and always will require more user input then just plug and play for sure
                Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 01-02-2009, 01:04 AM.

Comment

I have a problem with a new ga-ep45-ud3r motherboard. I can not get it for the life of me to run 4 gig memory dual channel. It will run one memory card no problem. I have tried 2 brands of memory, Patriot pc2-8500 and OCZ pc2-8500 and both have the same issue. When both sticks are installed in the correct (same color) location, it will not post, just get a lot of short beeps. I have tried all kind of settings in the bios, including defaults but I am having no luck. Is there anything you can tell me to help me out.

Comment

No disrespect but I have tried all manner of settings in the bios to get around this problem, I have even tried new hardware, everything except a new CPU.
                    I get this issue with a single 2gb memory stick in or with 4x2gb memory sticks in.
                    I get this issue with a 8800GTX 768 or with a 8800GT 1gb.
                    I get this issue with any of my 3 hard drives and I get it with no hard drives.
                    I get this issue with a Enermax 1000W psu or with a Thermaltake 750w psu.
                    I get this issue @ stock speeds or at overclocked speeds.
                    My RAM does always have a 120mm fan directed over it and I also have a 80mm fan pointed down through the northbridge silent pipe fins.
                    I get this issue with a single ram stick in any slot.
                    I am 100% stable with 8GB @ stock and overclocked, the issue does not lie there.

I believe the board problem might be hardware related, do you know of any common faults? Or if its a problem with the bios chip?

I am not discounting your advice but I tried your bios settings and I get the endless reboot until it has successfully downclocked everything back to 2.4ghz and auto timings. I even tried your settings on stock fsb of 266 and upped the cpu voltage a little. I have never had much success with +0.25v or +0.30v on the (g)MCHv and for all I know I have damaged my northbridge way back in april from trialling with these voltage increases.

I am open to further suggestions, but for now I am going to reflash my BIOS back to F9b and run my normal fully working 100% stable 3.6ghz because the boot problem exists regardless.
                    I might even make a small video of the scenario to help explain my case.

Thanks and Best Regards,

MATT

Comment

hi, 1st post and 1st build. the specs, (this is a daw computer not a gamer build, even though i'm using a duo instead of a quad but budget dictates)

ga-ep45-ds3l
                      intel e7300
                      arctic cooling alpine pro 7
                      2 x 1gb corsair xms 2 ddr2 pc-6400 (800)
                      2 x 512 ocz ddr2 pc-4300 (533 mhz) (old)
                      antec 300 case
                      coolermaster extreme power 500w
                      ati radeon x300 (from current system)
                      dell e153pt lcd (from current system)
                      maxtor sata 160gb (from current system)
                      seagate sata 320gb (from current system)
                      firewire pci card (still trying to find the make that dell used)
                      benq 1620 (flashed from phillips 8620?)
                      coolermaster led silent fan 120/arctic cooling fan 120
                      m-audio 2496 pci soundcard
                      uad-1e dsp pci-e card

a few small questions:

i have put the spacers that line up to the mobo in the antec case except for 1, which i'm wondering about. the hole isn't one of those with the metal (it's above the 24 pin), should i still put a spacer and screw it in?

the case itself doesn't have a speaker connect for the front panel, how would i be able to get a system startup status beep without it (i'm still waiting to hear from antec)

i just came back from replacing my psu and i've realized that i forgot to buy arctic silver. the acrtic pro 7 has a healthy amount of thermal on it already, should i hold off until i get some?

finally (so i don't ask too much already), because my current c drive has the devils, i mean dell's, xp oem, i'm resigned to the 99% chance that i'll have to use my xp sp2 slipstream cd, but i'm wondering should i do a clean install on my current and would that get rid of dells oem version incl the recovery area (i'm backing up and ghosted the drive)? could it be replaced with a new recovery partition? i figured i would have to do it on my current as i don't know if my display will show anything without a driver but i'm not sure as i know some test the mobo outside of the case with only the psu, mem card and graphics card.

any help would be appreciated, thanks
                      Last edited by 7thangel; 01-02-2009, 04:45 PM.
                      GA-Z77-D3H (Rev. 1)
                      Intel i3 3225 3.3 GHz
                      Kingston Hyper X DDR3 XMP 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600 CL9 KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX
                      Corsair CX600 Builder Series 600 W/Cooler master Elite 500 W
                      antec 300. 2 front 120 fans plus the top and back stock case fans (tri-cool 140 and 120)
                      Intel Intergrated Graphic 4000/ATI Radeon hd 5450
                      win 7 x64
                      seagate 500 gb/seagate 320 gb/seagate 500gb/seagate 1 tb/one touch 3 500gb

TrenchTown Original

Comment

Originally posted by drotr View Post
                        I have a problem with a new ga-ep45-ud3r motherboard. I can not get it for the life of me to run 4 gig memory dual channel. It will run one memory card no problem. I have tried 2 brands of memory, Patriot pc2-8500 and OCZ pc2-8500 and both have the same issue. When both sticks are installed in the correct (same color) location, it will not post, just get a lot of short beeps. I have tried all kind of settings in the bios, including defaults but I am having no luck. Is there anything you can tell me to help me out.
                        You likely need to set performance enhance on standard, set trfc to 54 at least, set your ram voltage to spec, and set MCH voltage to 1.2-1.24 or so. Do this with one stick in and then save and shut down and put in the second stick. Also before this, check to be sure static tread is not too low, maybe set them both to 10 to start with

Originally posted by infiniti25 View Post
                        No disrespect but I have tried all manner of settings in the bios to get around this problem, I have even tried new hardware, everything except a new CPU.
                        I get this issue with a single 2gb memory stick in or with 4x2gb memory sticks in.
                        I get this issue with a 8800GTX 768 or with a 8800GT 1gb.
                        I get this issue with any of my 3 hard drives and I get it with no hard drives.
                        I get this issue with a Enermax 1000W psu or with a Thermaltake 750w psu.
                        I get this issue @ stock speeds or at overclocked speeds.
                        My RAM does always have a 120mm fan directed over it and I also have a 80mm fan pointed down through the northbridge silent pipe fins.
                        I get this issue with a single ram stick in any slot.
                        I am 100% stable with 8GB @ stock and overclocked, the issue does not lie there.

I believe the board problem might be hardware related, do you know of any common faults? Or if its a problem with the bios chip?

I am not discounting your advice but I tried your bios settings and I get the endless reboot until it has successfully downclocked everything back to 2.4ghz and auto timings. I even tried your settings on stock fsb of 266 and upped the cpu voltage a little. I have never had much success with +0.25v or +0.30v on the (g)MCHv and for all I know I have damaged my northbridge way back in april from trialling with these voltage increases.

I am open to further suggestions, but for now I am going to reflash my BIOS back to F9b and run my normal fully working 100% stable 3.6ghz because the boot problem exists regardless.
                        I might even make a small video of the scenario to help explain my case.

Thanks and Best Regards,

MATT
                        Hmm, well I dunno what to suggest then really. I do know with more then 2Gb you do need to add some MCH Voltage, but that amount needed and what will work is dependant on the strap being used, FSB, ram speed, and tRD setting.

I doubt you damaged the NB at all, I see people using 1.45 all day long and I myself have used 1.4 without issues for long periods so I would think it is likely ok.

Is this ram on the QVL at all? Not that it matters much, but it may with 8GB

Originally posted by 7thangel View Post
                        hi, 1st post and 1st build. the specs, (this is a daw computer not a gamer build, even though i'm using a duo instead of a quad but budget dictates)

ga-ep45-ds3l
                        intel e7300
                        arctic cooling alpine pro 7
                        2 x 1gb corsair xms 2 ddr2 pc-6400 (800)
                        2 x 512 ocz ddr2 pc-4300 (533 mhz) (old)
                        antec 300 case
                        coolermaster extreme power 500w
                        ati radeon x300 (from current system)
                        dell e153pt lcd (from current system)
                        maxtor sata 160gb (from current system)
                        seagate sata 320gb (from current system)
                        firewire pci card (still trying to find the make that dell used)
                        benq 1620 (flashed from phillips 8620?)
                        coolermaster led silent fan 120/arctic cooling fan 120
                        m-audio 2496 pci soundcard
                        uad-1e dsp pci-e card

a few small questions:

i have put the spacers that line up to the mobo in the antec case except for 1, which i'm wondering about. the hole isn't one of those with the metal (it's above the 24 pin), should i still put a spacer and screw it in?

the case itself doesn't have a speaker connect for the front panel, how would i be able to get a system startup status beep without it (i'm still waiting to hear from antec)

i just came back from replacing my psu and i've realized that i forgot to buy arctic silver. the acrtic pro 7 has a healthy amount of thermal on it already, should i hold off until i get some?

finally (so i don't ask too much already), because my current c drive has the devils, i mean dell's, xp oem, i'm resigned to the 99% chance that i'll have to use my xp sp2 slipstream cd, but i'm wondering should i do a clean install on my current and would that get rid of dells oem version incl the recovery area (i'm backing up and ghosted the drive)? could it be replaced with a new recovery partition? i figured i would have to do it on my current as i don't know if my display will show anything without a driver but i'm not sure as i know some test the mobo outside of the case with only the psu, mem card and graphics card.

any help would be appreciated, thanks
                        I would add a spacer, if you think it may be needed to ensure the board does not make contact with the tray

You will just have to buy a case speaker, they are cheap! You can get on on ebay, or any of these stores for a few $$ >>>
                        Motherboard Case speaker - Google Product Search

If your heatsink has pre-applied paste then sure you can use that until you get more to redo it yourself. If it has USED paste on there I would advise against it but I think it would be ok likely for short term use... Just dont get lazy and forgot to redo it

Ya, I would do a clean install and format off that recovery partition as you wont be able to use a OEM Install/system on a custom board. So that and your OEM Key will be useless. As for making backup's or backup partitions to store backups yes, you can for sure do that with many apps. Like Acronis True Image is a good one.

If you need more help, please do make a new thread and I will be happy to help

Comment

• SOLUTION for P35-DQ6!!

I found today in my power-supply box an adaptor that is a 24pin-to-24pin with a 4pin molex that only has the yellow 12v wire.
                          I read the separate sheet that I also found in the box and it states,

Manual of MB Adapter For Special Motherboard Timing Compatibility Solution
                          Some MB (motherboard), such as Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6, MSI P35-Platinum, might have special current timing requirements to power up. In case you have such power up problems, please use enclosed special "MB Adaptor". For other technical question, please contact your nearest ENERMAX support center.
                          I have taken a picture of the adaptor for someone to try and name it, but I haven't put it on my PC and uploaded it somewhere yet.

I have all my equipment connected and my overclock applied as posted previously and with f9b bios. This adaptor has single handedly solved my problems and I had used this when I first built the machine but when I overhauled it to clean out dust I must not have put it back in.

I suspect not every power supply manufacturer will supply this adaptor though and you might have to search long and hard on ebay or somewhere, if you have an enermax psu and you didn't get one you could always ask them to send you one.

Image coming soon....
                          EDIT: Image of motherboard adaptor hosted on google docs
                          Web word processing, presentations and spreadsheets
                          Last edited by infiniti25; 01-03-2009, 11:15 AM. Reason: Included url for image

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                            I would add a spacer, if you think it may be needed to ensure the board does not make contact with the tray

You will just have to buy a case speaker, they are cheap! You can get on on ebay, or any of these stores for a few $$ >>>
                            Motherboard Case speaker - Google Product Search

If your heatsink has pre-applied paste then sure you can use that until you get more to redo it yourself. If it has USED paste on there I would advise against it but I think it would be ok likely for short term use... Just dont get lazy and forgot to redo it

Ya, I would do a clean install and format off that recovery partition as you wont be able to use a OEM Install/system on a custom board. So that and your OEM Key will be useless. As for making backup's or backup partitions to store backups yes, you can for sure do that with many apps. Like Acronis True Image is a good one.

If you need more help, please do make a new thread and I will be happy to help
                            thanks for the help. i'll search around the city for a computer/electronics store that will have the case speaker, if i can't i'll contact the link via email for international shipping.

as far as the thermal compound, arctic cooling uses their mx2 compound which got a very favourable review from hardwarecanucks, but i'll need some in the future in any case.

thanks again
                            GA-Z77-D3H (Rev. 1)
                            Intel i3 3225 3.3 GHz
                            Kingston Hyper X DDR3 XMP 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600 CL9 KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX
                            Corsair CX600 Builder Series 600 W/Cooler master Elite 500 W
                            antec 300. 2 front 120 fans plus the top and back stock case fans (tri-cool 140 and 120)
                            Intel Intergrated Graphic 4000/ATI Radeon hd 5450
                            win 7 x64
                            seagate 500 gb/seagate 320 gb/seagate 500gb/seagate 1 tb/one touch 3 500gb

TrenchTown Original

Comment

Infiniti, that is VERY ODD! Where do you think that is supposed to plug into?

I dont think it is needed for any gigabyte board for sure, all that is is a 12V lead coming out of there with no ground wire. Seems very useless and likely depending on what you plugged the 4pin molex into could fry everything.

And that quoted info is even more crazy, what would timings have to do with voltages aside from ram?

7thangel, you can likely for sure find one at your local PC shop, if not ask them and they will likely get you one out of a broken PC in the back! Or you could likely find one in a old pc around your house. If not, you can for sure likely get one at your favorite online store for your area. If you need help with that link me to where you normally shop.

You can really use any speaker, if you feel up to it cut up a headphone speaker and connect to it while you look for a normal one

Ya MX-2 is Good, I use that and TX-2 myself

Comment

Hi,

I have a big problem with a new Gigabyte motherboard GA-MA78GM-S2H. The MB is connected with a AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ and a pair of PC2-6400 RAM. The system DOES NOT start completely. There is no POST on display, no beep from speaker.

For boot testing, I only connected MB, CPU, RAM, keyboard, mouse, and a LCD monitor. The power supply and RAM work fine because I checked them on another PC. The CPU fun is rotating, and noise from hard drive can be heard. Also, I cleared CMOS following the instruction in the manual. Besides, I tested a DDR2-667 RAM, nothing changes.

I checked Gigabyte's web site. It shows this MB supports Athlon X2 6000+. I doubt the MB is dysfunctional. But before I return it to the store, I want to make sure I didn't miss anything. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

System details:
                                MB: GA-MA78GM-S2H Rev. 1.0 (Rev.1.0 is printed on the motherboard, although the label of the box says Rev. 1.1)
                                CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3.1GHz (Mfr: ADV6000DOBOX)
                                RAM: Corsair XMS2 4GB PC2-6400 DDR2-800
                                Power Supply: Thermaltake TR2 430 Watt ATX
                                Hard Disk: Matrox 250GB SATA1.

Comment

Working...
                                X