Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Originally posted by Chike View Post
    @ack
    Pleas create a new thread and post the model/part# of each of the memory you have.
    I am assuming you have 2 sets of 2x1GB.
    I have got a matched pair of 2x2GB G.Skill performance.

My RAM memory modules are the same you have posted in your signature.
    Last edited by ack; 05-10-2011, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ack View Post
      I have got a matched pair of 2x2GB G.Skill performance.
      Are those same as mine or DDR-800 CL4?
      Load optimized defaults and Set Perforance enhance standard, the increase MCH Core, begin with 1.16v up to 1.24v.

Comment

Load optimized defaults and Set Perforance enhance standard, the increase MCH Core, begin with 1.16v up to 1.24v.
        Are same, PC2-8500 DDR2-1066Mhz CL5.

Should I reinstall Win 7 before?

Loading optimiced defaults,

ICH sata control Mode resets to IDE
        Native Sata mode resets to disabled

As far as I'm trying to load a Raid setup, should I change these settings too, isn't?

BTW: Into "Device boot priority" BIOS setting, my HDDs are recognized as SCSI not as SATA.
        Last edited by ack; 05-10-2011, 08:21 AM.

Comment

You may need to reinstall windows if the file system is corrupted, otherwise no.

Set SATA and Native mode as they were before and setup rain again.

Or you can skip optimized default for now, just increase MCH Core.
          What is CPU and PCI Drive under Advanced Clock Control?

Comment

ack
            The Gskill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK memory voltage should be manually set to 2.1v in BIOS.
            http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
            http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
            Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
            Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
            Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
            4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
            (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
            (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
            (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
            Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
            Mid size ATX case with show through panel
            2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
            Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
            Logitech G500 USB mouse
            Monitor: CMV937A
            7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
            Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

You may need to reinstall windows if the file system is corrupted, otherwise no.
              If I've formated the primary partiton too.

Set SATA and Native mode as they were before and setup rain again.
              Done

Done and nothing works

What is CPU and PCI Drive under Advanced Clock Control?
              900-800 mV in F11d Bios

700-700 mV in F10 Bios

Comment

Originally posted by artdrivers View Post
                ack
                The Gskill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK memory voltage should be manually set to 2.1v in BIOS.
                I had set memory voltage manually when I upgraded memory but system keept unstable. Now are set in auto due I use optimized default as was said to me here.

Comment

Originally posted by ack View Post
                  Done and nothing works
                  How do you mean? Still crash/freez/BSOD? How high did you set MCH Core?

Originally posted by ack
                  900-800 mV in F11d Bios

700-700 mV in F10 Bios
                  800-900 means optimized defaults, 700-700 fail-safe defaults.

EDIT: try to disable XMP and Performance Enhance set to standard.

Comment

How do you mean? Still crash/freez/BSOD? How high did you set MCH Core?
                    Black screen and white cursor blinks after a "DMI pool" message.

Now I've preloaded P45 Intel rapid Storage Raid drivers for win 7 64bits during the win 7 64bits installation process by USB via. (When I previously installed win 7 32bits, raid settings were automatically detected)

EDIT: try to disable XMP and
                    I'm going to check that option.
                    Performance Enhance set to standard.
                    That has been already done.

Comment

Ack, is your windows going to be on the arrays, or are they spare drives?

You want your MAIN OS disk or array to start with port 0 yellow, then set RAID at the upper portion of the BIOS (Just checking to be sure you are not setting RAID at the middle/bottom). Then connect any spare drives on the ports following your main OS drive/array.

And be sure your MAIN OS disk or array is at the top of the list in Advanced BIOS setting Hard Disk Boot Priority. Remove any USB Devices you have connected except for mouse/KB as those will be fine. You do not have to install drivers for RAID with windows 7, they are included, but you can if you want. If you do, only insert your USB stick when you get to the load driver section, then you can leave it connected until the install is finished.

Integrated Peripherals

Intel Controller (Yellow Ports)
                      SATA RAID/AHCI Mode (Intel ICH10R Southbridge) ............. RAID
                      SATA Port0-3 Native Mode ................................... Enabled (or Disabled, both will work)

You may want to test a cleanly burned install disk, as the one you are using may be messed up. If you burn again please be sure you use the slowest setting for the burn, this is very important.

If you continue to have hassles, just install windows with one stick of memory, you can put the second one in later as this is not important to install with all memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                        Ack, is your windows going to be on the arrays, or are they spare drives?
                        My windows is placed in a spare non-raid disk
                        You want your MAIN OS disk or array to start with port 0 yellow, then set RAID at the upper portion of the BIOS (Just checking to be sure you are not setting RAID at the middle/bottom). Then connect any spare drives on the ports following your main OS drive/array.
                        My primary partition is placed in a non-raid disk on port 0 since it was created in order to avoid this kind of problems
                        And be sure your MAIN OS disk or array is at the top of the list in Advanced BIOS setting Hard Disk Boot Priority.
                        I'm pretty sure of that. I've booted it with F12 key even

Remove any USB Devices you have connected except for mouse/KB as those will be fine.
                        Done, even I disable usb storage function from BIOS with no success.

You do not have to install drivers for RAID with windows 7, they are included, but you can if you want. If you do, only insert your USB stick when you get to the load driver section, then you can leave it connected until the install is finished.
                        Yes, I've done exactly this on my last try.

Integrated Peripherals

Intel Controller (Yellow Ports)
                        SATA RAID/AHCI Mode (Intel ICH10R Southbridge) ............. RAID
                        SATA Port0-3 Native Mode ................................... Enabled (or Disabled, both will work)
                        I've tested both options with no success

You may want to test a cleanly burned install disk, as the one you are using may be messed up. If you burn again please be sure you use the slowest setting for the burn, this is very important.
                        I've burned two copies of the win 7, and then I've borrowed a tested copy from a friend. Any difference, everyrhing looks equal.

If you continue to have hassles, just install windows with one stick of memory, you can put the second one in later as this is not important to install with all memory.
                        I really think the cause of this problem is here.
                        ICHR10 RAID 5 windows 7 installation - drivers - windows-7

The resolution which was found on Microsoft's web site was using an unattended answer file (they provide) and the extracted drivers for the video card. The DMI drivers did not ship with the Win 7 DVD. There is no VGA output on the video card for the OS to default to, therefore the apparent failed installation. The OS was waiting for input, I just couldn't see it because no DMI drivers were available.

I' had gotten the same behaviour installing Win vista 7 64 bits in an Asus with ICH9R. Now I don't have much time to waste searching how can I extract my Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB GPU 64 bit driver, in order to preload it during win7 installs. I need my system working just now, so I'll upgraded to win XP pro 32 bits (yes, you have read "upgraded") for a couple of weeks or months untill I learn a safe way for a win 7 64 bits installation.

Thank you very much for everybody.I really appreciate your help.

If I get some news I'll post it here.
                        Last edited by ack; 05-11-2011, 07:22 AM.

Comment

I've just starting to install win xp and when it have started has become to erase my whole RAID 0 volume.

"erasing orphan segment file 34354545"

I supose BSODs and system unstability have corrupted all my data.

I'm now ****ting bricks.

If some disk survives the purge, no more RAID till Bulldozer.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, maybe it would be better not to connect the RAID until everything is stable.
                            How come it erased the RAID?

Comment

How come it erased the RAID?
                              At win XP start up, blue screen that looks like chdisk start to erase random files in my raid0 partititions. After that I had to format them in order to assure no more data will be lost.

Comment

I'm kind of lost, it all began with memory problems didn't it?
                                Maybe you make a new thread after all and we try to sort it out step by step.
                                I have just tried switching from IDE to RAID mode with Windows 7(Home Premum 64-bit) installed and it worked smoothly.
                                I suggest you leave the RAID for later, install Windows 7 and make sure memory is stable, later you can switch to RAID and setup a RAID.

Comment

Working...
                                X