Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Those would be the same AHCI, so it shouldn't change at all.

Sounds like you had some things disabled before that you do not now?

Comment

Nope. Just turned AHCI on. Actually many people are experiencing this, not just me. Xtremesystems forums has a thread about the mobo and some people reported that also. They thought that it froze completely on the Gigabyte logo so they warned to avoid BIOS F6B. F6A is fine.

Comment

Ahh! OK, you are correct! Sorry I didn't realize the BIOS you were asking about was one of those, I thought those were pulled already!

Stasio please pull all those latest ones you posted for P67 and report the issue if you have not already, thanks!

I have tested and found the same problem, when using RAID or AHCI the BIOS freezes when the AHCI ROM initiates. I do believe this is related to them trying to add compatibility for OCZ Revo/Evo drives.

Please use F6a for now or a previous BIOS.

Comment

• Gigabyte P67A-UD3P , I5 2500K@5ghz 1.35v , A-DATA DDR3 1866mhz , XFX HD6870, Corsair Force F120

Comment

• Comment

Intel 6GB/s is very good, no need to use Marvell at all on P67!!

Crucial RealSSD C300 128GB x 3 RAID 0 (Intel 6Gb/s (2 SSD's) + Intel 3GB/s (1 SSD))
              10.1.0.1008 RST Drivers
              GA-P67-UD7

Are you using the latest BIOS for the motherboard? Have you tried clearing the CMOS since the last BIOS update, then loading optimizes defaults and trying again?

If you are on the latest BIOS and it didn't help, I am sure Gigabyte support will get back to you, sometimes it just takes them a while so please be patient.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                Are you using the latest BIOS for the motherboard?
                I used both F3 and F4 Beta.
                Have you tried clearing the CMOS since the last BIOS update, then loading optimizes defaults and trying again?
                Of course =)

Comment

OK, well sorry none of that helped.

You'll have to wait on a reply from Gigabyte then, maybe they can send you a special BIOS

Comment

I have a an Intel X25-M G2 and i have stuck it on one of the White SATA 3 ports. Is this the best option or im better off to use it on the regular SATA 2 ports ?

ps: Also i just want to report a small annoying problem with he P67A-UD5 BIOS F6A. The USB keyboard support for the bios needs to be improved, it sometimes stops working and i have to disconnect the keyboard from the mobo and plug it back in while im in the bios to get it to work again. :)
                    Last edited by Tordon; 01-17-2011, 01:20 PM.

Comment

What motherboard?

Comment

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-P67A-UD5 (rev. 1.0)
                        Serial ATA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                        SATA Revision 3.0 (SATA 6 Gbit/s) In general, the enhancements are aimed at improving quality of service for video streaming and high-priority interrupts. In addition, the standard continues to support distances up to a meter. The new speeds may require higher power consumption for supporting chips, factors that new process technologies and power management techniques are expected to mitigate. The new specification can use existing SATA cables and connectors, although some OEMs are expected to upgrade host connectors for the higher speeds.[14] Also, the new standard is backwards compatible with SATA 3 Gbit/s.
                        Last edited by artdrivers; 01-17-2011, 03:38 PM.
                        http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
                        http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
                        Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
                        Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
                        Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
                        4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
                        (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
                        (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
                        (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
                        Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                        Mid size ATX case with show through panel
                        2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
                        Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
                        Logitech G500 USB mouse
                        Monitor: CMV937A
                        7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
                        Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

I found a serious issue for my setup.
                          Every time I come back from S3 sleep, the multiplier resets to default (35x).
                          P.S. I found 2 places that show correct voltage for the P67a-UD5 board (ET6 and AIDA64 1.50.1219)
                          Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming7 6700k @4.65Ghz, 16GB G.Skill RipJawsV @3240Mhz
                          Gigabyte R290 4GB, Samsung 950 Pro, Seagate 6TB + more,
                          Corsair H100i GTX, Corsair 750D Air, OCZ-Z850M, Dell UP3216Q

Comment

S3 issues probably still need to be worked out, it always takes several BIOS versions before they are, so you'll have to wait it out.

CPU-z shows correct Vcore too, if you use the right version (1.56.2)

Comment

S3 issues probably still need to be worked out, it always takes several BIOS versions before they are, so you'll have to wait it out.

CPU-z shows correct Vcore too, if you use the right version (1.56.2)
                              I used 1.56.2, and it shows 1.08 all the time (UD7 is fine, UD5 doesn't work with CPU-Z for voltage)
                              ET6, AIDA and HWINFO (pointed out by Stasio) do show the voltage.
                              Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming7 6700k @4.65Ghz, 16GB G.Skill RipJawsV @3240Mhz
                              Gigabyte R290 4GB, Samsung 950 Pro, Seagate 6TB + more,
                              Corsair H100i GTX, Corsair 750D Air, OCZ-Z850M, Dell UP3216Q

Comment

You'll need to go to CPU-z forum and send a CPU-z dump (Last tab) to the creator of CPU-z so he can either give you a new beta or fix for the next release.
                                CPU-Z Official forum - Canardpc.com

Comment

Working...
                                X