Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

i mean bios and ihave 4350 hd
    ASrock 890GX EXTREME 4
    amd phenom ii x4 955
    EVGA nvidia 450 gts SC
    Kingston HyperX 2(2GB) DDR3 1600MHz CL9
    Western Digital (WD) Caviar Black WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 1TB 64MB cache
    Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 650w PSU
    OS windows 7 ultimate bit 64

Comment

What is the Model #?

If it is GV-R435OC-512I, then here is your BIOSes, choose BIOS where it says Driver
      Discover AORUS premium graphics cards, ft. WINDFORCE cooling, RGB lighting, PCB protection, and VR friendly features for the best gaming and VR experience!

Comment

my Version: 011.011.000.001
        ASrock 890GX EXTREME 4
        amd phenom ii x4 955
        EVGA nvidia 450 gts SC

Comment

i need you tell me how i can update bios of vga
          ASrock 890GX EXTREME 4
          amd phenom ii x4 955
          EVGA nvidia 450 gts SC

Comment

I meant is that your actual model of card? Be sure it is before you flash!

Here is how to update VGA BIOS
            GIGABYTE Download Center service, ensuring you have the best experience when using GIGABYTE products and services.

Comment

thank you
              ASrock 890GX EXTREME 4
              amd phenom ii x4 955
              EVGA nvidia 450 gts SC

Comment

look on tech power ups bios database,lots of bios's for all makes and models
                Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• BIG trouble ...

Hallo Mr. Yeh, hallo Everyone !

After around 20,30 hours of intensive testing during the last week, I nearly give up now and really hope, someone is able to help me.

I just finished to set up my new PC (first time now with a Gigabyte Mainboard - before always used Asus-Boards) and unfortunately discovered an unsolvable problem:

All devices in my new PC are s-ata II. I use a Intel SSD, an internal Hitachi harddisc, a Plextor DVD-burner and 2 sata mobile-racks for easy (hot-)plugging harddiscs. But hot-plugging is not the problem for now, because at the moment I decided to change harddiscs from mobile-rack only, when PC is turned off.

I only use non-bootable harddisks in the mobile rack (and internal Hitachi-HDD also) and only the SSD, as system disc, is bootable. I connect all devices to internal Intel ICH10-Controller and disabled the unused Gigabyte (Jmicron) controller in BIOS. ICH10 is set to AHCI-mode.

What's the problem:

Any time, after I exchanged, or took out any of my harddiscs from any mobile-rack and then restarted the PC, windows 7 x64 won't boot anymore, because the PC stops before booting windows and telling "NTLDR is missing, press ctrl+alt+del to restart" !

Even when putting the disc(s) in exactly same slot back in the mobile rack, the PC wont boot up anymore.

When switching to BIOS then, it also doesn't matter, how I set up the hard disc boot priority - I wont get my PC to boot again from the SSD, also repairing function of windows-DVD doesnt make my SSD boot again - only after new installation of windows, windows boots up again from SSD.

BIOS is actual F12, also tried F13 BETA - no change.

I really hope anyone can help - is it a problem of the mainboard, or of my SSD, or an incompatibility in between ?! Thanks for any suggestions, to solve this problem :-/

Mike

Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 F12
                  Intel i7 920 D0 (not overclocked)
                  OCZ Platinum DDR3 PC3 1600 3x2GB
                  Intel X25-M 160GB S-ATA SSD
                  Hitachi DeskStar 7K2000 2000GB
                  Plextor S-ATA DVD-R PX-880SA
                  Samsung HD103UJ S-ATA discs for both mobile-racks
                  Windows 7 x64

Comment

Did you install windows 7 without setting the SSD or OS disk to be the first device listed in the Advanced Hard Disk Boot Priority List, in the Advanced BIOS page?

If you didn't have your SSD or OS Disk at the first place in that list then the Bootloader would be placed on whatever was, I assume your removable drives since you mention when they are gone it fails to load.

It's either that, which would mean you need to reinstall windows 7 with ONLY the OS Drive connected that way you avoid any confusion, or you need to check that list after you remove a drive and be sure your OS drive is at the top of the list.

Connect your OS Disk to SATAII_0 always, then your CD/DVD's put on one of the last 2 SATAII_4/5

Comment

• Better now ...

Thanks for your answer !

To be 100% sure, I did a new setup of all, respecting the advices you pointed out to me. And I was lucky this time - stable booting, independent, if any removable HDD was in- or outside the SATA-rack. I stressed it in several ways, to be sure.

Just one strange behaviour/problem is still permanently occuring:

My new, actual setup with removable HDDs inside the racks is only working, if I connect the SATA mobile-racks to the ICH10. If I connect the racks to one of the 4 Gigabyte SATA-ports (Jmicron), then the PC searches for about 2 minutes for any drives on that ports and then finally displaying the message "no any drive found". And that's definitively wrong, because all harddiscs work very fine at ICH10, now. (In former test-situations with other hardware-setup on that board, the Gigabyte ports recognised HDDs well, means they're not damaged.)

In the BIOS I set both gigabyte ports to "port multiplier/normal mode" (not RAID, or other) and AHCI-mode, because each removable HDD should be independent from the other.

It's really strange, why these ports now dont see my removable HDDs, maybe you have a clue for me or what I can do, or what's wrong there ?!

Many thanks,
                      Mike

Comment

• RAID on SATA 3

I would like to set up RAID0 using WD V/Raptor 600gb SATA 3 drives. What do I need to do to set them up as my boot drive. I know I have to set up the RAID in the BIOS. But wonder are there anything other then that I need to do to make this my boot drive. I will be running windows 7 64bit. I am talking about on a X58A-UD5 rev 2 board.

Running
                        i7 980x cpu
                        Corsair Dominator's 2000mHz Ram
                        Meg. CPU cooler
                        Coarsair 1000HX PSU
                        5870 Vapor X in Crossfire
                        Last edited by wetfit9; 08-17-2010, 01:01 AM. Reason: not enough information

Comment

• Re: Better now ...

Originally posted by wetfit9 View Post
                          I would like to set up RAID0 using WD V/Raptor 600gb SATA 3 drives. What do I need to do to set them up as my boot drive. I know I have to set up the RAID in the BIOS. But wonder are there anything other then that I need to do to make this my boot drive. I will be running windows 7 64bit. I am talking about on a X58A-UD5 rev 2 board.

Running
                          i7 980x cpu
                          Corsair Dominator's 2000mHz Ram
                          Meg. CPU cooler
                          Coarsair 1000HX PSU
                          5870 Vapor X in Crossfire
                          That may not turn out as good as you like, the Marvell controller is not the greatest at handling RAID, or SSD's under heavy loads, so it may freeze up or "Stutter" on you. I have only tested and noticed this with Single and RAID'd SSD's though, not sure if that would happen with mechanical drives or not - you could test and let us know

Setting up a RAID on those ports would be the same as the Intel ports, create the array in the BIOS by entering the Marvell RAID BIOS in the Integrated Peripherals page, then install windows using the Marvell RAID Driver.

Nothing much to do different than an Intel RAID, after you create your array in the BIOS F10 and reboot back to the BIOS and move the array to the top of the hard disk boot priority then install windows using the Marvell RAID Driver
                          ftp://download.gigabyte.ru/driver/mo...ootdisk_64.exe

Originally posted by MikeMan View Post
                          Thanks for your answer !

To be 100% sure, I did a new setup of all, respecting the advices you pointed out to me. And I was lucky this time - stable booting, independent, if any removable HDD was in- or outside the SATA-rack. I stressed it in several ways, to be sure.

Just one strange behaviour/problem is still permanently occuring:

My new, actual setup with removable HDDs inside the racks is only working, if I connect the SATA mobile-racks to the ICH10. If I connect the racks to one of the 4 Gigabyte SATA-ports (Jmicron), then the PC searches for about 2 minutes for any drives on that ports and then finally displaying the message "no any drive found". And that's definitively wrong, because all harddiscs work very fine at ICH10, now. (In former test-situations with other hardware-setup on that board, the Gigabyte ports recognised HDDs well, means they're not damaged.)

In the BIOS I set both gigabyte ports to "port multiplier/normal mode" (not RAID, or other) and AHCI-mode, because each removable HDD should be independent from the other.

It's really strange, why these ports now dont see my removable HDDs, maybe you have a clue for me or what I can do, or what's wrong there ?!

Many thanks,
                          Mike
                          To connect the drives to the Gigabyte ports you will need to install the proper AHCI Drivers if you want them to be removable, and set the BIOS for those ports to AHCI.

No "Port Multiplier" Setting should be needed, only AHCI.

Although I just looked at your BIOS and remembered after a certain # BIOS (Can't remember which), these ports only function as RAID 0/1 and 2/3. So normal Port Multiplier is still RAID mode it looks like to me.

They might function if you do not set anything for those settings in the BIOS, can you disable RAID and set IDE still or just RAID modes? If you can leave them in non RAID no drivers would be needed and it would be IDE mode, but hot-swap would not have a safely remove icon meaning you would have to remove disks using the device manager.

There was a big fuss over these changes to RAID backup only a while ago when this board came out, so I think it may only be the first few BIOSes that allowed a non RAID use of these ports, and those BIOSes may not support your CPU so be careful if you start trying older BIOSes.

If you need me to I can dig up the old threads for you, let me know

Comment

The Marvell driver you used, were they the one that came with the board or the updated ones.

Comment

The drivers I linked are the updated ones I believe.

Ohh, you meant in my testing, yes that was with updated drivers and/or no Marvell drivers (IE: MS drivers) in cases where I only used single SSD's. Like I said though that may only happen with SSD's, that is all I have used on those ports, but it is a widely known issue with SSD's on all motherboards using the Marvell 9128 chipsets. Which is all of the boards that allow RAID with SATA 6Gb/s, and that may also apply to single SSD's on boards with 9123 chipsets that do not allow RAID.

Try it out with your normal drives and let us know if you experience any issues.
                              Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 08-17-2010, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply, I will set up and test and let you know. To be sure I am on the right track and not to F**K things up.

Set the RAID up in the BIOS, save, move the hard drive up to the top of the boot list. Install windows. download the updated drivers.
                                Thanks again for your help and I will post back in a couple of days and let you know.

Comment

Working...
                                X