Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

You may just need to add a little bit of SB Voltages, since you have a large card and added a quad now instead of a dual. This may be straining the SB, or even the NB a little bit more than the dual would.

Try the following changes:
    ICH I/O……………….....1.500V............: <<< set 1.54-1.58
    ICH Core…………...……1.100V............: <<< Set 1.14-1.22

Are you already adding/setting your own MCH Voltage? If not you should be anyway for 2x2GB, if you are not try 1.2-1.26 MCH Core and see if that helps.

This is a Nvidia driver issue of course, but since it only affects you when you use the quad it sounds like it just may be settings off is all.

If none of that helps please make a new thread and post the link into your above thread for refernce, then I will help you in the new thread. Also in the new thread, if you need more help, please fill out a template from my signature with your full current BIOS settings.

Comment

Lsdmeasap,

I will try that. Since my post I have been able to get the system running 3d apps (3dmark2006) at the default speed 2.83 all the way to 3.01 (355x8.5); it will not go further than that without freezing. I really wanted to get to at least 3.4mhz.

I will start a new thread as requested. Don't really want to spend more money on a ATI video card.

Comment

Hello. I have one question: I own two Gigabyte motherboards (GA-MA790FX-DQ6 and GA-MA790X-DS4). Is there any small chance for BIOS update for them (or at least one of them), supporting the new X6, 1055 or/and 1090? I know those CPU models are currently listed as N/A for both mb, but I want to know for sure if Gigabyte has renounced updating BIOS for those motherboards and I should head to something else. Thanks.

Comment

No the x6 is not supported on those MB's N/A=Not Supported
          http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
          http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
          Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
          Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
          Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
          4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
          (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
          (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
          (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
          Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
          Mid size ATX case with show through panel
          2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
          Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
          Logitech G500 USB mouse
          Monitor: CMV937A
          7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
          Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

Per your advice, I was able to get the system stable at 3.2mhz with 3d apps by increasing the settings you advised. 3d mark06 completed without issues. Prime95 4 hours was good. Will play again with it tonight. Thanks.

MCH 1.26
            ICH I/O 1.57
            ICH Core 1.26
            Vcore is at 1.31 - Will play with this latter

Comment

• Re: Serial ATA AHCI BIOS, Version iSrc 1.20E code 23 hang SOLUTION

Originally posted by Jeltz View Post
              Serial ATA AHCI BIOS, Version iSrc 1.20E
              Copyright (c) 2003-2008 Intel Corporation 23
              ** This version supports only Hard Disk and CDROM drives **
              Please wait. This will take few seconds.

If your Gigabyte BIOS hangs at this message after you change to AHCI mode, then this solution worked for me

1) take a system backup (including system image) of your boot O.S. with windows backup
              2) create a system repair disk (DVD) with windows backup
              3) reformat (quick) then delete the partitions on your boot drive (not sure if this is necessary)
              4) boot to the repair dvd, follow instructions to restore latest system image
              5) reboot, change BIOS settings to AHCI, reboot and all should be just fine.

For some reason the 1.20E AHCI BIOS just does not like to go past a disk that has a win 7 x64 IDE operating system on it, and restoring the image to the same drive seems to fix the problem.

Jeltz
              Maybe a dumb question, but how do I reformat the drive (to ntfs)?

Thanks ...

Comment

Vista or Windows 7 will allow you to format when you are installing. When you get to choose the disk to install to, click advanced options and you will see formatting as a choice

Comment

Originally posted by supremealpha1 View Post
                  Hi I'm having trouble with the new system i just built. My specs are as follows:
                  Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit
                  CPU- AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor
                  Graphics- XFX Radeon HD 5830
                  Mobo- 790XTA-UD4
                  Hard Drive- WDC WD2500JB-57REA) ATA
                  RAM- CORSAIR DOMINATOR 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
                  PSU- CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC
                  Case- COOLER MASTER HAF 932 RC-932-KKN1-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower
                  CDROM- Sony Optiarc Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 2MB Cache SATA DVD Burner with LightScribe LightScribe Support - OEM

My problem is as that for some reason my sytem wont load an operating system, when i go into the bios and select the HD as first boot, then CDROM as second. So far it keeps going and says that I need to insert a boot disc. Also the only way it has booted windows has been with the windows cd in the CDROM. I have tried to go into and repair my start up boot, but it wont do it. Also for some reason its detecting my Ram as 1333 instead of 1600. Please help me thank you.

Hi, its been a while and I'm still having the same problem, I have tried everything here but stil same problem.
                  Since nothing was working I decided that maybe it was a faulty installation so i went ahead and reinstalled Windows Vista Ultimate. These are the steps I took:

First- I made sure that the IDE cable on my IDE hard drive is connected properly, I checked the Jumper setting to make sure that its on Master for the Hard drive, even made sure that its in the master position on the cable.

Second-I went into the bios and loaded factory settings, only thing I changed in there was to set Cd-rom as first boot, disable startup logo.

Third- I went ahead put Windows cd and proceeded w/ installation, I deleted previous partition and formated the master harddrive. Had Cd-rom as master until windows completed the installation.

Fourth- I went back to my bios and changed the boot startup to my Master Hard drive first, then Cd-rom second, I also made sure the my hard drive was in 1st slot of HD priorities. The startup continued forward till the same problem appeared. It said "Loading operating system...." then goes to "Boot from CD/DVD:...." and it will just stay there and not startup, I left the computer for 10minutes and nothing changed. So I restarted the computer, went into bios and changed the boot sequence to Cd-Rom first and Master HD second, and the computer will only load windows if I leave the windows cd in the CD-ROm.

Please help me.

Comment

Please show me images of your hard disk boot priority page, and your Advanced BIOS features pages

You may need to only have one device on your IDE cable, well I mean no hard drive and CD mix, you can have two hard drives or two CD drives but I often see issues when using one of each on IDE.

You might have to get a SATA CD/DVD Drive, or a SATA Hard Drive

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                      Please show me images of your hard disk boot priority page, and your Advanced BIOS features pages

You may need to only have one device on your IDE cable, well I mean no hard drive and CD mix, you can have two hard drives or two CD drives but I often see issues when using one of each on IDE.

You might have to get a SATA CD/DVD Drive, or a SATA Hard Drive

How do i get images of the hard disk boot priority page, and advance bios page, also the cd-rom is Sata and not ide, i only have 1 hard drive and its IDE no other hard drive attached. Thanks for all this, and yeah i was thinking that i might have to get an sata hard drive :( which is bad since right now my budget is tight since i had just bought these items to built the computer this april 27, 2010

Comment

You would need to use a camera.

OK, thanks for clearing up the IDE stuff. So, you are sure windows fully installed then right, and you just need help getting the boot order sorted now so windows will boot right? Just checking to be sure I have the issue clear.

If so plug your SATA CD/DVD drive into SATAII_5, and put your CD on the end of the IDE cable with either CS or Master selected on the jumper.

Then make sure these settings are set as follows

Integrated Peripherals

OnChip IDE Channel ................. Enabled
                        OnChip SATA Controller ............. Enabled
                        OnChip SATA Type ................... Native IDE

OnChip SATA Port4/5 Type ........... IDE or As SATA Type

Then go into Hard Disk Boot Priority page in the Advanced BIOS Features page and move your hard drive by name to the top of that list

Comment

You only have 1 ide channel. An IDE ribbon is usually 40pin 40wire ATA33/66 or a 40pin 80 wire ATA66/100/133
                          Your HDD is a ATA/100 or ATA-6/ATAPI-6
                          Which Ribbon are you using the 80wire ATA/100 or the 40wire ATA/33?
                          Did you try repeatedly pressing F12 at the initial memory count, and try selecting the hard drive? This will give you your boot options. If you get no boot device it could be the hard drive.
                          Did you go to advanced bios feature and to Hard Disk Boot Priority [Press Enter] and see if your hard drive is listed here? If not it could be the wrong jumper, ribbon or it could be damaged.
                          Sometimes you can damage a drive trying to run 2 drives at different recommended data rates on the same ribbon, or useing the wrong ribbon, or jumper setting for the ribbon.
                          Personally I would get a SATAII HDD. It is very possible the ATA/100 HDD you have now is damaged.

By artdrivers at 2010-04-29
                          http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
                          http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
                          Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
                          Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
                          Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
                          4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
                          (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
                          (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
                          (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
                          Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                          Mid size ATX case with show through panel
                          2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
                          Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
                          Logitech G500 USB mouse
                          Monitor: CMV937A
                          7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
                          Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

• Attached Files
                            - My System Specs -
                            GA-X58A-UD5 MB (F6 bios)
                            Core i7-950 @ 3.8GHz Processor
                            Noctua NH-C12P SE14 CPU Cooler
                            6 gig Corsair Dominator - TR3X6G1600C8D
                            ATI Radeon HD6950 2Gig Video Card
                            Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro Souncard
                            Antec Signature SG-850 PS
                            Cooler Master HAF X
                            Win7 Ult x64

Comment

That is normal, most of the LED's are indicative of higher voltages or speeds so if they are off then nothing is higher than stock.

C1E and EIST will also disable a few too if disabled, all normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                                so if they are off then nothing is higher than stock.
                                Hmmm....perhaps I'm missing something? If My CPU is running at stock speeds (2.80) and my memory is running at it's "rated" speed - 8-8-8-24-1 and Voltage - 1.65 (set @ 1.640). That seems "stock" to me; Yet the LED's are on???
                                - My System Specs -
                                GA-X58A-UD5 MB (F6 bios)
                                Core i7-950 @ 3.8GHz Processor
                                Noctua NH-C12P SE14 CPU Cooler
                                6 gig Corsair Dominator - TR3X6G1600C8D
                                ATI Radeon HD6950 2Gig Video Card
                                Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro Souncard
                                Antec Signature SG-850 PS
                                Cooler Master HAF X
                                Win7 Ult x64

Comment

Working...