Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Hello, does anybody know if there is a bios which supports Xeon x3460 on GA P55A UD4??? doesn't overclock @ alll:(

Comment

Does the latest beta not work with that CPU, or is something locked you think should not be?

Or are you just having a tough time overclocking? Not sure, so I had to ask because it sounds like you have something compatible.

If it is not compatible let me know what is missing or locked and I will see what I can find out

Comment

nO matter what i do if i raise the clock from default , its is unstable and it doesnt matter how much vtt or vcore i throw its still unstable. I didn't have such issues with my i5 750 which even if needs high vcore 1.41 for 20 x200 it can prime for hours under megahalem with 2 x scythe kaze @ 3000 rpm. Or i just have a not so good motherboard. My ga h55m-ud2h just crushed my p55a ud4 with an i5 650, reaching 265 bclk , when i cound post @ 240 with my p55a ud4 .
        Last edited by Hardc0re; 04-11-2010, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Ahh so it works, just unstable? More voltage is not always the answer, did you try less?

Just wondering, I'll see if I can find out anything for you but I don't think they can do anything more than they already did. I mean all they do is add the CPU microcode to the BIOS to make it compatible, once that is done there is nothing else to do when making a CPU work with the BIOS.

Maybe your CPU is faulty? Or you are just not trying the right way with it? Have you used it in a different board before?

Comment

might be, anyway my motherboard is not so good either, seems to have some qpi/vtt issues, and is really unstable above 210 bclk

Comment

Does it act the same with a 850/860 CPU, or have you only used the Xeon?

210 is pushing it for some CPU's, so it very well could be the CPU. Some will do 250+ others struggle to do 200 without using insane voltages.

Comment

i only used the xeon x3460, an i5 750 and a i5 650

Comment

Did the other CPU's clock to 210 ok? If so then the board is fine and your Xeon must not be all that good, or you haven't found the sweet spot for settings yet.

Comment

Hello guys!
                    I have GA-MA770-DS3 (rev. 2.0) with new BIOS update FDc and in few days im going to buy new CPU.
                    Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition is not in support list...only Phenom II X2 550 .
                    Will this CPU work on my MBO?

Thx!

Comment

It may or may not even boot up, this is something you should have checked first.

Sometimes it will be ok though, but possibly only work partially correct, other times it will work fine and they just have not added compatibility to the list yet.

Let us know how it works out for you on this.

Comment

hello all!
                        Last edited by vincent86; 04-14-2010, 12:34 PM. Reason: nm, giving up on this combination of hardware

Comment

• Problem with beeping GAP55M UD2 Rev 1.1 mobo

Hi GB Tech Support - hope you are well. I'm OK except I can't figure out why my board is beeping at me randomly through the mobo speaker when I'm at the desktop in W7 64 bit.

I have an i5 750 with 2 x 2 GB Crucial DDR3 1333 1.5v ram. The mobo is at F8 bios and I have updated the chipset and any drivers. Windows Update is on.

I am powering the board via an OCZ ModXStream Pro 500w PSU and am also running a Sapphire 5770 GPU in the x16 PCI-e channel.

I have an Edimax wireless card in another PCI-e channel.

The beeping happens with intervals of between 10 mins and 4 hours, and occurs whether I am at stock settings (optimised defaults) or if overclocking to 3.64 gHz. I have tried various settings and it beeps whatever I do - with CPU or ram voltages at any levels.

I am stable according to IBT, Prime, etc. Temps are fine too at idle and load.

The beeping is sometimes (1 in 10) accompanied by the fan spinning up and then immediately settling down again. Nearly forgot to describe the beep: it is very short and single (never more than one beep), but not the same as the beep when the board POSTS. Its also a bit tinny compared to the POST beep (but quite loud nevertheless).

I have checked all power sockets, etc, on the board.

I'm sure you need some more info from me that I've forgotten to mention (apologies).

Look forward to any support you can provide.
                          Last edited by tweaky64; 04-15-2010, 03:09 PM. Reason: Added info

Comment

• Re: Problem with beeping GAP55M UD2 Rev 1.1 mobo

Originally posted by vincent86 View Post
                            hello all!
                            You sure? Sorry We missed your post, but if you need help with a Gigabyte setup let us know.

I mean of course if you didn't ship it back already.

Originally posted by tweaky64 View Post
                            Hi GB Tech Support - hope you are well. I'm OK except I can't figure out why my board is beeping at me randomly through the mobo speaker when I'm at the desktop in W7 64 bit.

I have an i5 750 with 2 x 2 GB Crucial DDR3 1333 1.5v ram. The mobo is at F8 bios and I have updated the chipset and any drivers. Windows Update is on.

I am powering the board via an OCZ ModXStream Pro 500w PSU and am also running a Sapphire 5770 GPU in the x16 PCI-e channel.

I have an Edimax wireless card in another PCI-e channel.

The beeping happens with intervals of between 10 mins and 4 hours, and occurs whether I am at stock settings (optimised defaults) or if overclocking to 3.64 gHz. I have tried various settings and it beeps whatever I do - with CPU or ram voltages at any levels.

I am stable according to IBT, Prime, etc. Temps are fine too at idle and load.

The beeping is sometimes (1 in 10) accompanied by the fan spinning up and then immediately settling down again. Nearly forgot to describe the beep: it is very short and single (never more than one beep), but not the same as the beep when the board POSTS. Its also a bit tinny compared to the POST beep (but quite loud nevertheless).

I have checked all power sockets, etc, on the board.

I'm sure you need some more info from me that I've forgotten to mention (apologies).

Look forward to any support you can provide.
                            Do you have C1E and EIST enabled in the BIOS? If so disable those and see if it helps.

There is a few threads on this, and not sure if anyone has found the cause yet, but it might be the above

Comment

Thanks for the reply lsdmeasap.

I did have them enabled but I have just disabled them and will wait until (if) I hear a beep.

By the way, I found that my system behaves really weird with EIST and C-states disabled. The CPU doesn't show the multiplier increase from about 12x in the Bench test in Real temp (and it gives me a low score too). And when I run IBT it gives me a low score there too - you can see the CPU doesn't get stressed at all - which is reflected in very low "load" temps.

I tried with the c-states and EIST disabled first in my o/c profile. I then tried it at default stock settings and same behaviour. Is this normal ?

Comment

OK, let us know how your testing goes.

About your multiplier, are you starting by loading optimized defaults in the BIOS? You must do this, then make all needed changes. I say that because it sounds like you maybe are using fail safe, or have set your multi to 12?

With C1E and EIST disabled your system should always run at the max multiplier (Idle or Load), unless you have manually set it to a lower amount or are using fail safe.

Comment

Working...
                                X