Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Hi, i had a look through the beta bios post, and couldnt find anything h97, specifically the h97n-wifi.
    Maybe someone can shine some light on whether or not a bios opening up for OC is available?
    Thanks in advance.

Comment

H97 series are not posted on TT forum.
      However,can be modded ...no problem.

Comment

I see, thanks :)
        how safe is modding the bios, and do you know of a good place to get started?

Comment

Originally posted by Facepunch View Post
          I see, thanks :)
          how safe is modding the bios, and do you know of a good place to get started?
          [Tool] "UEFI BIOS Updater" (UBU)

Comment

• Booting problem.

hi stasio

im using Gigabyte B75M-D3H motherboard with core i5 3470.

recently i bought MSI GTX 970 4G. after buying the GPU my pc takes huge time to boot and stucks around bios for around 1 min+- . when i remove the GPU everything works fine. what should i do in this situation?

Regards
            Rumman.
            Last edited by RuMMaN; 10-13-2014, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Send inquiry to Technical Support:
              GIGABYTE - Support - Technical Support

Comment

Hi, I have the problem about the uncore multiplier. When I overclocked the multiplier of core, memory or uncore from BIOS. The multiplier of uncore will not reduce to 12x when the CPU is at idle. In fact, it is always stuck in highest speed. Meanwhile, the multiplier of core can decrease to 12x when the CPU is idle. I turned on the C1E, C3 and EIST function, but turned off the C6/C7 function from BIOS.

The Turbo Boost setting will not cause this problem. So I still can overclock the core clock ratio by Turbo Boost setting without the problem as I mentioned. On the other hand, I can use the Intel XTU to overclock the uncore multiplier .It will not cause this problem. At the end, my PC is X99-UD5 with I7-5930k. My Bios version is F7/F8a/F8b/F8c. And I use HWiNFO64 to read the clock ratio of uncore.

at F7/F8a version
                set core/memory/uncore
                example 1: default/24x/default
                -> uncore multiplier was stuck in 26x

example 2: 40x/default/default
                -> uncore multiplier was stuck in 26x

example 3: default/default/35x
                -> uncore multiplier was stuck in 35x

at F8c version
                set core/memory/uncore
                example 1: default/24x/default
                -> uncore multiplier was stuck in 30x

example 2: 40x/default/default
                -> uncore multiplier was stuck in 30x

example 3: default/default/35x
                -> uncore multiplier was stuck in 35x

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Good day stasio,

I've sent already a ticket to support, but i need a quick solution for this...

I have a GA-Z87X-D3H motherboard, w8.1 64bit, inter core i5-4570 cpi 3.20ghz, my problem comes that there is a game that actually is giving me some errors, and for what i checked they come for cpu problems that can be fixed with a bios update... the only problem is that in the download and support website the bios updates aviable noone of them work, all are "unsupported 16-bit application".

Somewhere to find an update aviable for my system? I have now the bios version F7

Comment

^Efiflash.exe must be run in DOS.....(bootable USB)..not in Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by stasio View Post
                      ^Efiflash.exe must be run in DOS.....(bootable USB)..not in Windows.
                      Thank you so much!, I feel so dumb now D:

Comment

i have problem with my ga-x79-ud3 and pcie x16 slots. I have xeon e5 26xx ES 3.0ghz. i use bios f21d.
                        My vga nv970gtx boot only in pcie 1.1 x16 mode. When i set pcie mode gen2 or gen3. Vga has no signal. I tried many variations of bios settings, like PCIE boot mode switch to legacy, booting without any pheriperials like hdd, ssd, usb f. panel. But no still signal. When i clear cmos, then i heard 3x times beeb and nothnig. To get to bios i have to change my old 8600gt vga which boot ok in any pcie mode, to change settings back to pcie gen1 mode. Then i can use my 970gtx. The same problem was with my 670gtx. I know about pcie 3.0 incompatibility with sandy bridge a nv cards. I dont need pcie 3.0. But i wold like to use my 970gtx least at pcie 2.0 x16. If cpu has problem with pci 3.0 compatibility, but hwinfo said that pcie 3.0 is supported by my cpu. Please any advice? Coud help downgrading the bios to earlier versions thane f16? I tried bios from f18 till f 21e and nothing help.

Comment

To downgrade BIOS use :

FPT_DOS- Z77/X79

with bootable USB in DOS.

Comment

thanks for reply , but i am afraid of downgrading becouse cpu xeon e5 26xx is supported from bios f16. Iam afraid that bios dont recognize cpu and then recovery bios fuction could not be used. What about moded bioses.. what difference is comparing to beta bioses.. i found here f18 moded bios. could it help? sory for my bad english:)

Comment

So,
                              the best is to ask direct GB Technical Support:

GIGABYTE - Support - Technical Support - Motherboard

Comment

I have a 990FXA-UD3 ver 1.0 mobo that has been in a Cyberpower box for about three years and just got a main Bios Checksum error. The system loaded from the bios backup and started normally. After searching several forums replacing the battery on the mobo seemed like the path of least resistance. So far it has started OK, but I am a little antsy about the bios going Tango Uniform in the near future. Any thoughts as to the root cause of this other than the battery?

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
                                " CPU ID: 00100FA0
                                " Speed: 3300MHz
                                " Clock: 200MHz
                                Memory: 8192 MB
                                Bios Ver: Main F5 / Backup F5
                                Bios Date: 10/13/2011

Running Windows 7 Pro

Cyberpower customer support is next to worthless so need to go here.

Comment

Working...
                                X