Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Welcome to GIGABYTE Technical Support!

Still having same issue with Uncore/QPI Link speed through 3 generations of Gigabyte Boards only.

Increasing QPI-Link speed without changing CPU speed itself cannot be booted by any means because VSS_SENSE is handled by Gigabyte BIOS incorrectly. This is issue residenting only at Gigabyte boards as I also own EVGA and ASUS same chipset boards. I wonder why this feature was never fixed by Gigabyte to be following Intel standards.

Issue affects: X58, Z68, X79 chipsets and I wouldn't be surprised, if it would be through entire line up low end boards too.

This is 3rd post I mention this same issue through years at Gigabyte forums, here and even included detailed desc at Guru3D. I am begining to wonder after all the trouble I've put to track down the issue including having numerous conversations with Intel Support pointing still at same place of origin of issue why isn't this looked at and most of review's at web hell calls this as 'Gigabyte-Feature' already, lol.
    "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Comment

Good day.

I have purchased a mobo Gigabyte H87TN, for purposes of using it embedded in my application(DIY embedded PC in a fridge door). For these purposes i have assumed i'd be able to use LVDS connection to my LCD panel. Implementation on how to integrate thin-mini itx boards with LVDS panels and how to embed everything nicely is reviewed excellently in intel PDF file named "All-in-One (AIO) Integration with Thin Mini-ITX" and "Thin Mini-ITX Based PC System Design Guide" (the second is revision ver.1.2m, and overall the document is great)

After doing some extensive research, and comprehensive designing of the embedded enclosure, integrated power supply, LCD panel mounting and etc - i'have started acquiring the components, and getting them started "on the bench".

The Problem:
      Gigabyte H87TN -has extremely low information available, no normal documentation, no annotations, no nothing. But i have risked it, and bought it. As it immediately turned out - H87TN is unable to read and use EDID data from LCD panel via LVDS!!!. And the only way to use my LCD panel, is to have EDID data for my panel to be embedded into the motherboard BIOS! It is stated nowhere that the motherboard IS NOT SUPPORTING "other LCD", and has only the embedded support of those 4 LCD panels that are programmed into the BIOS.
      Please help! How do i embed my own EDID data to use my LCD panel?
      (datasheet for the panel is available here: http://4nb.com.ua/downloads/pdf/HB156WX1-100.pdf EDID data page 33-36)

Comment

There's a bug in BIOS F9a for the Z87X-U3DH where the mouse pointer gets stuck in the window and when moving the pointer around the window follows it. Very irritating!

And a couple of other bugs

- HD resolution still doesn't work since the Haswell release last summer even with the new F8 BIOS for my motherboard.

- Refuse to boot with some USB 3.0 sticks on some USB 3.0 ports.

- Bus running in 99.8mhz rather than the specified 100mhz.

Comment

Posted this in the Gigabyte Beat bios thread, but thought I'd better try this thread too, there is a problem in the Sniper z87 F3b beta bios where the save and exit button doesn't work, this only effects the UEFI bios, to save and exit any changes you must enter classic mode.

Also discovered that clicking on Save Profile or Load Profile locks up the bios.
          Last edited by Jamin280672; 03-15-2014, 03:34 PM.

Comment

GA-X79-UP4 Rev 1.1 Errors on 82579LM NIC
            I7-4820k
            G Skill 32gb 1866
            EVGA 630

I have opened a ticket with Gigabyte, but not getting much assistance. I hope someone here can help. I just bought this board last week but I am having issues with the NIC. If I leave it at auto negotiate or try 1GB Full it starts getting receive errors, if I knock it down to 100mb Full it works fine. I have tried 5 different cables, different ports on my GB switch, gb router, and my ISP modem and it still happens. I have updated to the latest Intel drivers, I did try the F6 beta bios.

---Edit---
            I reverted back to F5 and I noticed it had no issues after the flash and not OC'ing using easytune 6 B13.0924.2. Anytime I try to OC using EasyTune it causes the NIC to start getting receive errors. I appreciate any assistance.
            Last edited by David Figueiredo; 03-22-2014, 09:37 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Comment

I ve opened a discution with gigabyte for this problem if anyone got the same please tell me:

on the system:
              x58.g1.guerrilla
              i7-970
              sandisk extreme II (marvell se9182 6g)
              vertex2e (Intel ICH10 3g)

The boad is functionnal but on each first boot the system is quite long when "detecting IDE" and don t detect any drive on marvell controler so it boot on the intel controler drive...

I have to reboot or (ctrl+alt+supr) durring the boot [the keyboard seems to be no responding until the "ide dectect" is slow] the system on this second reboot work normaly the "ide detect" become fast and detect the sandisk drive quikly but I still have to press "f12" to boot on it because he have desapear from the priority list boot.

untill this trick acheve the system run normaly. This is a little boring to do on each boot...

on the bios, a delay change make no difference and all controlers are configured on AHCI

any idea ?
              Last edited by chapio; 03-31-2014, 05:26 AM.

Comment

GIGABYTE hardware installation guide e-book :

http://www.joomag.com/magazine/gigabyte-pc...754001397467086

Comment

• Guys/girls I need help!!!!

Hello,
                  I have a GA-G31M-S2C rev 1.2 motherboard, and I (this happened on 19.5.2014) decided to update my BIOS. I took the driver CD from the box, installed @BIOS (yes I know now that that was a huge mistake) and started the update. Near the end @BIOS showed a message saying that my BIOS has write protection, and I decided to exit the program knowing that I could mess up my BIOS, and that happened after I restarted the computer. Now when I turn on the computer it shows this:"Scaning BIOS Image in Hard Drive . . ." So basically I deleted my BIOS. I've been searching the Google world for about 3-4 hours and came here. I've tried to disconnect the HDD and put a USB with the BIOS(tryed flashing it the proper way), hoping that that will do some magical stuff but it didn't and the message:"Scaning BIOS Image in Hard Drive . . .", appeared again, with the HDD disconnected. I can buy a new BIOS chip, and that will work 100%, but if you have something that could work please say it.

Comment

is there anyway you can put the bios file on the hdd? using another pc? you might need to create a small partition in fat32 so that the bios can see it and flash it
                    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
                      is there anyway you can put the bios file on the hdd? using another pc? you might need to create a small partition in fat32 so that the bios can see it and flash it
                      Thank you for answering. I have tried that but with no success and I have ordered a new BIOS chip so this is pretty much solved.

Comment

-- GIGABYTE --Geeks Column of the Week - BIOS Explained is an older article that explains how Gigabyte bios recovery worked in many older systems.

A blind flash might have worked if your boot order had a floppy or optical drive as your first boot device and the bootable media has an Autoexec.bat file that will run the included bios flashing program where you've coded all the needed flashing options so that no user intervention is required for the bios flash to complete.
                        Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
                        P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
                        4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
                        MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
                        Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
                        WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
                        Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
                        SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
                        Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
                        Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
                        Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
                        MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
                        Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                        win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
                        HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
                        CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
                        E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
                        Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
                        Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
                        HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                        win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Does ga890fxa-ud7 rev2.0 with bios f5f have full IOMMU support?

Comment

Hi

I have a new build GigabyteZ97 OC FORCE board with a 4790K CPU. I'm running Windows 8.1 and the device manager is showing a "SM Bus Controller" driver is missing. I've reloaded the latest chipset drivers but the fault remains. Does anyone have any ideas? Is it a known fault and if so what is the workaround please?

Thanks.

Comment

^
                              Intel Management Engine Interface or/and Intel INF installation drivers missing/reinstall.

Latest versions:

Comment

Hi, I'm hoping you can help me with getting my USB 3.0 ports working on my GA-970A-UD3P board. I've already started a separate thread here: http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...04-64-bit.html with a little info (additional information regarding the system can be found in my system specs in my profile if needed).

Hoping you can help, Thanks in advance.
                                Bartman2589

Comment

Working...
                                X