Asus 970 Pro Aura / Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT Conflict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus 970 Pro Aura / Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT Conflict

I received a Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT from a friend, however, I have an Asus 970 pro gaming/aura board which is compatible with NVIDIA™ SLI™, and CrossfireX™. I installed the new card and now I repetitively receive Blue Screens of Death when the load becomes too great. I think it is on the CPU end, AMD FD9370FHHKWOF FX-9370 FX-Series 8-Core Black Edition but I am not sure. This unit has been a project for some time and I don't have a lot of money. Is there a way to set my board or card to be compatible with each other?

Any help would be appricated.

Hi Gawain, I did have similar issues with a Asus M5A97 and RX 570 giving black screens. My solution was to remove the video card driver using a program called DDU. I then set it to not automatically install drivers from windows update. Make sure you have updated chipset drivers and updated windows 10 via windows update, before installing GPU drivers.
    AS to your situation, do you have any BIOS updates for you main board??? I would start also from the beginning and reinstall windows and all updates. Be sure to install chipset drivers and do not allow windows update to install your GPU driver. (Offline install method). Set windows to not install hardware drivers and then update windows fully. Take an image of your fresh system then install GPU driver.
    Cheers.

Comment

Working...
    X