Trying to locate CMOS reset button or battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to locate CMOS reset button or battery

Hello. I have a bricked K555LD after a failed BIOS update. I've read that one way to resurrect my laptop is to reset the CMOS battery. I opened up the laptop but for the life of me could not locate the CMOS battery or reset button. I've been unsuccessful in locating a schematic diagram as well and have now sought assistance from the good folks in these forums. I am pasting a picture of the motherboard in question. My laptop's model is K555LD. Thanks again for the help.
    Attached Files

Re: Trying to locate CMOS reset button or battery

Originally posted by yancars View Post
    Hello. I have a bricked K555LD after a failed BIOS update. I've read that one way to resurrect my laptop is to reset the CMOS battery. I opened up the laptop but for the life of me could not locate the CMOS battery or reset button. I've been unsuccessful in locating a schematic diagram as well and have now sought assistance from the good folks in these forums. I am pasting a picture of the motherboard in question. My laptop's model is K555LD. Thanks again for the help.
    Where is the picture of the opposite side?
    Gigabyte Aorus Master

Comment

Originally posted by Falkentyne View Post
      Where is the picture of the opposite side?
      Was trying to replace the pic originally posted but then found out I can only upload one image.
      This is what should have been uploaded. Thanks for responding. Click image for larger version

Name:	AsusK5555LDMotherboard.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	755267

Comment

Is it mounted somewhere inside the case and connected via a wire you may have disconnected. Possibly a small button battery externally connected? Other than that don't see anything and quality of pic isn't very good.

Comment

Working...
        X