Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASUS Fx6860- Can I use a Sound Blaster Audigy SB1394 Sound Card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS Fx6860- Can I use a Sound Blaster Audigy SB1394 Sound Card?

The card came out of an old and much beloved (now-deceased)Gateway, with even more beloved BA 5.1 Speakers. Drivers appear to be available for Win7 for the card from Creative and I think I still have all the software CD's. If I can use it, is it a straight install the driver and pull the old card installation? If I can use it, a kind soul providing clear directions would be appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Steve

Re: ASUS Fx6860- Can I use a Sound Blaster Audigy SB1394 Sound Card?

Originally posted by SplitSpleen View Post
    The card came out of an old and much beloved (now-deceased)Gateway, with even more beloved BA 5.1 Speakers. Drivers appear to be available for Win7 for the card from Creative and I think I still have all the software CD's. If I can use it, is it a straight install the driver and pull the old card installation? If I can use it, a kind soul providing clear directions would be appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Steve

it will work in a pci slot if the board has an open one. while i would suggest getting a sound blaster-z pcie, if you want to use that card, use the pax drivers to make it work properly in windows 7/8/10 -> PAX Drivers | Hardware Heaven Forums

Comment

Working...
    X