Computer keeps freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer keeps freezing

Now the problem is that my computer freezes indefinitely at random moments which disables all my inputs so I can't type or move anything; I cannot tie the freezes to any particular problems or tasks that I am doing. This usually happens about 1-2 times a day and it is starting to get annoying. I do not get any BSOD and I am forced to either press the reset button or hold the power button for four seconds. I've re-installed the OS to see if that is the problem but still the problem persists.

I checked in the event viewer and every time it does freeze it is logged ( it is logging me pressing the reset/power button, not the exact moment it freezes) and it says that the event ID is 41, the source is Kernel-power and the task category is 63. So what have I done to solve this? I installed furmark and ran a test and the GPU handled it well, however once i quit furmark it froze. I did not believe it was because of furmark as I've had really random freezes before (even halfway through shutting down).

I'd also like to note that sometimes while turning on the computer I do get an 'overclocking failure' message telling me to change my settings, however I do not and have not done any overclocking.

Every driver is up to date. I re-installed windows several times to no avail. I was thinking it was the psu, so re-installed with OS only and left for 24 hours and no problems. However, I installed drivers and a couple of days afterwards it started again. It seems to be gradually happening more often. In addition, now I get messages in the event viewer about a driver and an ai suite component, which I will attach.

Thus, I'd like to ask, what is the problem. If it isn't clear, what can I do to further diagnose the problem and deal with it, thanks in advance.

View image: Capture
    View image: Capture1
    View image: Capture2
    View image: Capture3

EDIT: The HDD light does not turn on or flash while frozen.

TL;DR Comp keeps indefinitely freezing, have no idea why!
    Last edited by Feverfew; 05-06-2015, 02:48 PM. Reason: links

Re: Computer keeps freezing

Originally posted by Feverfew View Post
    Now the problem is that my computer freezes indefinitely at random moments which disables all my inputs so I can't type or move anything; I cannot tie the freezes to any particular problems or tasks that I am doing. This usually happens about 1-2 times a day and it is starting to get annoying. I do not get any BSOD and I am forced to either press the reset button or hold the power button for four seconds. I've re-installed the OS to see if that is the problem but still the problem persists.

I checked in the event viewer and every time it does freeze it is logged ( it is logging me pressing the reset/power button, not the exact moment it freezes) and it says that the event ID is 41, the source is Kernel-power and the task category is 63. So what have I done to solve this? I installed furmark and ran a test and the GPU handled it well, however once i quit furmark it froze. I did not believe it was because of furmark as I've had really random freezes before (even halfway through shutting down).

I'd also like to note that sometimes while turning on the computer I do get an 'overclocking failure' message telling me to change my settings, however I do not and have not done any overclocking.

Every driver is up to date. I re-installed windows several times to no avail. I was thinking it was the psu, so re-installed with OS only and left for 24 hours and no problems. However, I installed drivers and a couple of days afterwards it started again. It seems to be gradually happening more often. In addition, now I get messages in the event viewer about a driver and an ai suite component, which I will attach.

Thus, I'd like to ask, what is the problem. If it isn't clear, what can I do to further diagnose the problem and deal with it, thanks in advance.

View image: Capture
    View image: Capture1
    View image: Capture2
    View image: Capture3

EDIT: The HDD light does not turn on or flash while frozen.

TL;DR Comp keeps indefinitely freezing, have no idea why!
    You might try updating Bios, think your version is pretty old

Comment

Working...
    X