Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maximus VI Gene and the mPCIe Combo II card quickie (best way to add to add Bluetooth?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximus VI Gene and the mPCIe Combo II card quickie (best way to add to add Bluetooth?)

I want to add Bluetooth to my system so I can use my Bluetooth headphones. Can I simply put the mPCIe Combo II card in the system to do that? It looks like it'll be a pain to add the card because it secures from the underside of the motherboard, so I'll have to take it out of my case. If the card doesn't add Bluetooth I won't bother with it. The description for the card, to me at least, is ambiguous. That's why I'm asking. Here's what ASUS says about the card:
    If the card doesn't add Bluetooth, what the best way to add it?

Re: Maximus VI Gene and the mPCIe Combo II card quickie (best way to add to add Bluetooth?)

USB BT dongle, but make sure it's a Stereo dongle.

Cheap and if signal is an issue use a good quality shielded USB extension to provide "line of sight" for the dongles antenna.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Re: Maximus VI Gene and the mPCIe Combo II card quickie (best way to add to add Bluetooth?)

Given the description you included above, that card does not have Bluetooth built into it.

It is the mini PCI Express 2.0 slot the card provides that allows you to add a WiFi or Bluetooth card, with a mini PCI Express 2.0 connector.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
        Given the description you included above, that card does not have Bluetooth built into it.

It is the mini PCI Express 2.0 slot the card provides that allows you to add a WiFi or Bluetooth card, with a mini PCI Express 2.0 connector.
        Thanks. I figured that was the case. An ASUS tech told me it had Bluetooth, but I thought he was wrong and told him so. I may get an Intel (7260?) mPCIe card and some antenna, but not sure if it'll go well with my setup. I'm not nuts about going USB.

Maximus VI GENE | ASUS 280X Direct CU II
        Intel i7 4770 | 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series DDR3 2400
        Intel 235 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD
        WD AV-GP 2TB HDD | 5 x 750GB HDD's (for work use)
        OCZ ZX Series 850W Gold Plus PSU
        Lian-Li PC-V2010B case

Comment

Working...
        X