Asus K50AB - Crash when Windows startup: Bios is not fully ACPI compliant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus K50AB - Crash when Windows startup: Bios is not fully ACPI compliant

Blue screen: "The bios of this system is not fully ACPI compliant" - when Windows 7 starts to load.

I have this laptop (Asus K50AB) -> When it starts to load windows it crashes -> Totally same as in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU9FpNfUh3U

I've done: update BIOS, change RAM, change hard drive, change battery.. nothing helped. Then the laptop was sitting in my closet few months and then one day I was going to use it as replacement parts, but when I booted it (one last time) -> it worked!
    So I install Windows 7 and boot it many times (no problems).. but after 1 week of using the computer (for websurfing) the problem came back -> The computer crashes again (like in the video)...

What could be the problem? Is there a fix?

Thanks for helping! :)

Re: Asus K50AB - Crash when Windows startup: Bios is not fully ACPI compliant

Hi,I had the same problem running windows 7.It was an ACPI Driver that was the problem.I changed operating system to windows 8 and it installed the new ACPI Driver for me

(ps. I was unable to install ACPI Driver from Bios update because it was an older motherboard) hope this will help you

Originally posted by Pedestrian View Post
    Blue screen: "The bios of this system is not fully ACPI compliant" - when Windows 7 starts to load.

I have this laptop (Asus K50AB) -> When it starts to load windows it crashes -> Totally same as in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU9FpNfUh3U

I've done: update BIOS, change RAM, change hard drive, change battery.. nothing helped. Then the laptop was sitting in my closet few months and then one day I was going to use it as replacement parts, but when I booted it (one last time) -> it worked!
    So I install Windows 7 and boot it many times (no problems).. but after 1 week of using the computer (for websurfing) the problem came back -> The computer crashes again (like in the video)...

What could be the problem? Is there a fix?

Thanks for helping! :)

Comment

Working...
    X