Memory compatibility for Z9PE-D8 WS motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Memory compatibility for Z9PE-D8 WS motherboard

Updated to the latest bios and no change to that behavior( 5404 bios), and also updated video card drivers, which turns out AMD released a WHQL yesterday, but the system only sees 3 cards, not 4 like it should.

Double checked all the Sata cables and power connectors on the drives and everything seems fine, so i'm running out of ideas of what can I try next.

Comment

Anyhow, the only thing I can try with the video cards to see which one isn't working, is to connect the outputs of each card to a monitor( one at a time obviously) and see which one isn't working, and then break up the water loop to take out the card and try it on a spare system to see if it's really dead or is it something related to the Bios on the board.

As for the crazy SSD issue and the Intel raid basically keeping windows from seeing the drives, not giving me options to set up a raid at all in the bios( the marvel one works fine with it's 4 SSD's), i'd have to do the same thing as with the cards....Set up those non detecting drives in another system that has a built in intel raid feature, enable it and setup the drives, then seeing if the windows O/S sees the raid array.....If if does, then chalk up another bios bug on this Z9PE-D8 board, as I doubt I got a second defective board.

It'll be a ton of work to test this out so don't expect results ASAP....

Comment

Hi scsi2man,

Looking on the internet I saw your video about 128GB of ram in a Z9PE-D8 WS motherboard and found your post on Tweaktown forum. For a couple of years I have been wanting to build a Z9PE-D8 WS. Now with the price of Xeon lga 2011 and lga 2011 v2 coming down I think its going to finally happen this spring. I was hoping you could give me the part numbers for some 1x 16GB or 1x 32GB Samsung, or Hynix DDR3 1600 or 1866 ECC Registered memory that would work with this motherboard. Money is tight and I would like to find some used server memory on eBay if possible. Hope you can help me with this project.

Thanks,

Dave

Also how do I fix the big gap between the text and the top of the page?
        Last edited by WaterCoolerNostradamus; 03-18-2016, 12:54 PM. Reason: Font Size

Comment

Working...
        X