ASUS RT-N66U Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS RT-N66U Issue

I just bought a new RT-N66U router. Connection is rock solid and blazing fast on all my wireless N devices, but I've found that wireless B/G devices are constantly dropping connection and having to reconnect. I connect to Netflix through my Wii which does not support N. Is there a fix for this problem?

Re: ASUS RT-N66U Issue

It has been recommended to me that I install the Asuswrt-Merlin firmware update for my router to fix dropped connection issues. Has anyone else had success with third party firmware/drivers?

Comment

I see ASUS has released two new firmwares for this in the past week. Have you tried either one?

Networking - RT-N66U
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

I would go with Merlin's releases; not Asus. He fixes Asus problems, is very good about resolving problems, and has better features. Save yourself some grief.
        Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
        i7 3770
        2 X 8GB F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL DDR3 1600 1.5V GSkill Ripjaws
        Integrated graphics
        Seasonic Platinum 760W
        be quite! Dark Rock Pro 2
        Fractal Define XL R2 case
        Win 8.1 64 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by alternety View Post
          I would go with Merlin's releases; not Asus. He fixes Asus problems, is very good about resolving problems, and has better features. Save yourself some grief.
          I flashed to Merlin's most recent update this morning. Will post results.

Comment

Originally posted by onewhoseeks View Post
            I flashed to Merlin's most recent update this morning. Will post results.
            Update:

Wireless G is not appreciably better with Merlin, Netflix on Wii showed minor improvement, still stops and buffers occasionally. Wireless N is still rock solid and screaming fast.

Comment

Working...
            X