Rampage II extreme Raid set up Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rampage II extreme Raid set up Help

I have an existing raid 0 set up,I need help with new windows 8 install, would like to use ssd for Operating system only and 4- 1 tb in a raid. I realize my existing raid is set up incorrectly, so if someone would please help i would greatly appriciate the help. Thanks. I have read that OS is loaded first on ssd stand alone and then drivers for raid must be loaded and from here I get lost?

Re: Rampage II extreme Raid set up Help

Originally posted by Glazierman View Post
    I have an existing raid 0 set up,I need help with new windows 8 install, would like to use ssd for Operating system only and 4- 1 tb in a raid. I realize my existing raid is set up incorrectly, so if someone would please help i would greatly appriciate the help. Thanks. I have read that OS is loaded first on ssd stand alone and then drivers for raid must be loaded and from here I get lost?
    How is your existing RAID set up incorrectly? Was it done using the Intel IRST driver for the SATA chipset on your Rampage II board? What is currently on that RAID 0 volume?

If your RAID 0 volume was created with the IRST software (using what mystery OS?) it might work with Windows 8, or really the IRST driver compatible with Windows 8.

You've provided next to no information about your current system, which makes providing help difficult...

Comment

Working...
    X