Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rampage II Extreme contiuous beep in Windows 8.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rampage II Extreme contiuous beep in Windows 8.

Hey guys, I just swapped my old Gigabyte GA-X58-UD5 with an ASUS Rampage Extreme II, and it has been working decent. However it seems that it crashes after being idle for a lille while (up to an hour). The first time it happened was yesterday. At that point there were no errors nor a beep. I just moved the mouse to "wake" the monitor and it looked like a background image with a slight gradient. I wasn't able to move the mouse nor press any keys on the keyboard, but after a hard boot the computer was fine again, and I could use it as usual. Then after recording through my Hauppauge HD PVR 2 for 3-4 hours I left it idle and after ~45 minutes the speaker in the computer made a continuous beep, and I was again not able to move the mouse nor use the keyboard. I shut it down now, and I've tried googling for any tips online, but all I could find was POST beeps. Does anyone know that that long continuous beep means?

Re: Rampage II Extreme contiuous beep in Windows 8.

I have a RIVE and they made a caps convertor for windows 8 from the old rom files. You need Asus.......I know there here in the forum!
    MSI X-99SLI
    Intel 5930K WATER
    EVGA Nilla 1080
    POWER!

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

I did this> :) Default RMA discussion banned

Comment

Working...
    X