Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW BUILD!! Sabertooth z77 will not turn on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• profJim
    replied
    Re: NEW BUILD!! Sabertooth z77 will not turn on.

Thanks for the update, glad to hear that you solved the problem.

Leave a comment:

• aronasbjorn
    replied

Originally posted by profJim View Post
    Is the power supply's 8-pin EPS12V cable connected to the motherboard?
    Does your motherboard user manual provide any information about error codes for the flashing bios button?
    The 8 pin connector was connected and the manual did not provide any error codes,

I Jump started the PSU to eliminate that, than i took the motherboard out of the case an set it up on a cardboard box
    started it there with nothing on it not even a memory stick only CPU cooler an power supply.
    and it started like that but the memory LED went evil red.
    then i started putting things on the board one by one ended up with everything connected except for the case fans.
    then i saw that the bios flash button was normal and remembered that there were 2 metal things on beside him earlier and
    then i realized what had been the problem.

The I/O shield was holding the button on so the motherboard would not start with it in the case.

so if someone has this problem in the future, Remember There is not supposed do be light on the bios button unless it is active

Leave a comment:

• wazza300
    replied

try with a minimal hardware setup,for example

one ram stick installed no ssd or graphic card connected and use the onboard display ports,see if it boots up then

Leave a comment:

• profJim
    replied

Is the power supply's 8-pin EPS12V cable connected to the motherboard?
    Does your motherboard user manual provide any information about error codes for the flashing bios button?

Leave a comment:

• aronasbjorn
    started a topic NEW BUILD!! Sabertooth z77 will not turn on.

NEW BUILD!! Sabertooth z77 will not turn on.

I was building my new system and when I was going to turn it on for the first time it does not do anything, i have tried using reset sw as pwr sw and using a screwdriver but nothing happens,

the +sB led lights up green when i turn the psu on and the bios flashing button blinks blue light, 5 times slow and then 2 times fast.

My system..

Asus Sabertooth z77
    intel i5 3570k
    Corsair vengens 2x4GB memory
    Corsair H100i
    MSI GTX 660TI oc
    Coolermaster M2 720w silent pro PSU
    HAF X Nvidia edition Case
    Samsung 840 120GB SSD
Working...
X