Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS motherboard with FULL support for IOMMU

Hi there

I need full IOMMU support for virtualization with an AMD FX-8150 cpu. I am therefore wondering what "cheap" motherboard has full IOMMU support (with the ACPI IVRS table) or that has a beta-BIOS available to enable these features. I have looked at a few motherboards from Gigabyte, but they just aren't what I want (yes. I am an ASUS fanboy :D).

Any help appriciated.

Re: ASUS motherboard with FULL support for IOMMU

Originally posted by mikeey View Post
    Hi there

I need full IOMMU support for virtualization with an AMD FX-8150 cpu. I am therefore wondering what "cheap" motherboard has full IOMMU support (with the ACPI IVRS table) or that has a beta-BIOS available to enable these features. I have looked at a few motherboards from Gigabyte, but they just aren't what I want (yes. I am an ASUS fanboy :D).

Any help appriciated.
    Hello Mikeey,

Just built my ESXi 5.1 Whitebox with Fx-8120 cpu and Asus M5a97 R2.0 Motherboard with 16 Gb GSkill Ripjawsx RAM. I originally wanted to use Asus M5a97 motherboard but i think its not available in market so went ahead with R2.0. Well the Esxi installed perfectly on a USB flash drive(4GB), but this host loses connectivity after 10 minutes of booting up. after rebooting it works for 10 minutes then again it loses conection. I am using mu laptop for managing Esxi. I am suspecting onboard NIC to be culprit here as it is Realtek 8111F and not 8111E which works out of box.

Comment

Working...
    X