Multiple monitor support - P8Z68V-Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple monitor support - P8Z68V-Pro

I know this is a silly question but I can't seem to find the answer on ASUS' website.

How many monitors can be simultaneously supported by the onboard graphics of the P8Z68V-Pro? Can I run two monitors at once, say one HDMI and the other DVI? Can I run 3 at the same time?

Thanks

Re: Multiple monitor support - P8Z68V-Pro

OK, I re-read the user manual and found that using the onboard graphics you can hook up both HDMI and DVI monitors at the same time. Actually tried to contact ASUS tech support and was told a couple of different stories, incuding: "you can do it", "you can't do it" and "you can hook up 1 digital and 1 analog monitor but not two digitial monitor at the same time." Oh well, at least they answer their phones and try.

Comment

Probably the correct answer is "you can hook up 1 digital and 1 analog monitor but not two digitial monitor at the same time." as it is for most cards. Connect one with VGA and the other with DVI and HDMI and it will work.

Comment

it can hook up 2 monitors but it doesnt support to digital monitor...coz dvi and hdmi connectors only in onbard mobo.. but best is to have a better graphics card to have a better output to your monitor... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by ShahJahan View Post
          Probably the correct answer is "you can hook up 1 digital and 1 analog monitor but not two digitial monitor at the same time." as it is for most cards. Connect one with VGA and the other with DVI and HDMI and it will work.
          Originally posted by zoters View Post
          it can hook up 2 monitors but it doesnt support to digital monitor...coz dvi and hdmi connectors only in onbard mobo.. but best is to have a better graphics card to have a better output to your monitor... :-)
          OK, now I'm confused. The manual sez (page 2-43):
          This motherboard comes with multiple VGA output that features desktop extension on
          two monitors. You can connect two monitors to any two[emphasis added] of the onboard VGA, DVI-D,
          and HDMI ports. Note that DVI-D/HDMI dual output works in OS environment only and
          that during POST or BIOS setup, only DVI-D output is valid.

So it seems to me that you could connect the primary monitor to the DVI-D port (as this will allow you to see Setup and BIOS screens during boot) and a second monitor to the HDMI port.

A discrete graphics card will certainly provide better output and needed if you want to go to a screen resolution greater than 1920x1200 on the digital ports but, according to the manual, the onboard graphics should be able to support both DVI-D and HDMI simultaneously.

Has anyone done this? Would be good to know, from direct, personal experience, that this works.

Comment

I see this is an old thread, but in case anyone stumbles upon this thread looking for the answer: I am currently running two FullHD monitors off the integrated graphics of a P8Z86V-Pro (with a Core i5 2500K), primary monitor connected to the DVI port, secondary monitor to the HDMI port. It works as expected. Have not tried to use the VGA port, as I don't have any VGA cables anymore.

Comment

I know that this thread is way too old, but I hope I will find a solution for my problem here.
              I'm trying to connect a secondary monitor to the on board graphic adapter (P8Z68V-Pro).
              My primary monitor is connected to my discrete card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti.
              In the BIOS I've enabled all that's can be enabled regarding the onboard video adapter.

While I'm trying to install the VGA software from the Motherboard DVD I receive " The computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements..."

The odd thing is that if I setup the iGPU as my primary adapter in the BIOS I have the signal on my secondary monitor, Windows loads normally, I can see it on the second monitor - so apparently the adapter is recognised by Windows and it works and can produce picture. In the same time the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti adapter disappears and my primary monitor doesn't work anymore (even as a secondary).
              When I change back the priority to PCI-E the iGPU disappears, and windows doesnt recognise it and won't set up the VGA drivers...
              A mystery...
              Any thoughts?

Comment

Working...
              X