r3e - vcore offset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• r3e - vcore offset

I would like to know when the dynamic vid (vcore offset) will be available for r3e. is there any problem to add it?
    All boards from GB have this option.

problem with BIOS 0010
    When I select BIOS FLASHBACK option then SWITCH BIOS BOOT FROM in the BIOS I get the following screen:

For me the issue looks like a BIOS bug
    Last edited by jackpl; 08-24-2010, 01:17 AM.

Re: r3e - vcore offset

It sounds like you are using a beta BIOS. I would recommend using the latest official BIOS revision which is 0901. Regarding the offset vCore question, as of right now we have no plans of implementing this option. We asked a lot of users about their thoughts on having vCore offset and we did not get a lot of feedback. We did get feedback from the extreme community and most said that they did not utilize dynamic VID, and that they are more concerned with maintaining a more consistent voltage using absolute vCore. However, we do have 2 options for load-line calibration (50% and 100%) to give users more voltage control. So as of right now vCore offset will only be implemented in our mainstream board as well as the upcoming Rampage III Formula.

Comment

I am not an extreme overclocker, and this option would be useful for me. It is a pity that it will not be implemented.
      After several days of testing I can say that this board is probably not for me.
      -very low max bclk with 920 cpu - max 212,
      -cold boot issue, All seemed fine until complete power off over night. Motherboard will not boot after power is disconnected completely. overclocking failed - message.
      I miss the display, which shows the post codes.

Comment

if you wqant the best then get a Gigabyte X58A UD9

then you will be playing with power
        Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition Gulftown cooled By Swiftech APOGEE GTZ CPU waterblock
        Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9 Water Cooled
        Corsair Dominator 12GB (6 x 2GB) Model CMD12GX3M6A1600C8
        2 Gigabyte GTX 480 in SLI
        6 Western Digital VelociRaptor WD1500HLFS 150GB 10000 RPM in Raid 0
        2 Plextor sata Blu_ray Drives Model PX-B320SA
        Ultra X4 1200 Watt
        Thermaltake Armor+Thermaltake Bigwater 760 IS
        Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion
        Creative Gigaworks 750S 7.1 Suround 700 watt
        Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Comment

Hello Jack,

Please PM me with your e-mail address so I can get in contact with you and get your OC Profile. We are not seeing any vCore issues with BCLKs over 225 and there is not a cold bug issue with this board unlike the Gigabyte UD9.

Comment

I upgraded the BIOS to the latest version 1004 but that doesn't seem to help with bclk.
            I hit a wall here at 212.
            Last edited by jackpl; 09-05-2010, 01:29 PM.

Comment

We're not having any issues getting above 212 BCLK here. What multiplier are you using and what kind of frequency are you trying to achieve?

Comment

Working...
              X