Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asus P7P55D-E Series Motherboards and Vcore VRM Inductor Noise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus P7P55D-E Series Motherboards and Vcore VRM Inductor Noise?

I would like to purchase an Asus P7P55D-E series motherboard but I am reluctant to do so because of all the forum reports on Vcore Voltage Regulator Module inductor noise. I could not live with a high pitched sound coming from a motherboard. Could you please confirm that this situation has been addressed and that all BIOS power saving features remain fully functional; including C1E and C-STATE? Are all motherboards available through retail channels free of this problem?

Sincerely

Re: Asus P7P55D-E Series Motherboards and Vcore VRM Inductor Noise?

We have a test BIOS that you can try to fix the issue. I've never actually been able to duplicate the issue even when I had a customer that was experiencing the noise send me his whole system including power supply. For that particular issue, maybe a variable in the customer's location was inducing the noise that I could not duplicate here in the lab. PM me and I'll send you the test BIOS.

Comment

Re: Asus P7P55D-E Series Motherboards and Vcore VRM Inductor Noise?

Originally posted by ASUS - Mason Winner View Post
      We have a test BIOS that you can try to fix the issue. I've never actually been able to duplicate the issue even when I had a customer that was experiencing the noise send me his whole system including power supply. For that particular issue, maybe a variable in the customer's location was inducing the noise that I could not duplicate here in the lab. PM me and I'll send you the test BIOS.
      Hello Mason. Sorry to dig up an old thread, but, I just recently acuired a new P7P55D-E board with an I5-760 cpu. Now, whenever the system is under heavy load, a squelling noise is coming from it. I assume it is coming from the power regulating components ( chockes ? ). Is there anything that can be done about it?

Comment

Working...
      X