No boot up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No boot up

I am building a new desktop computer, i have a asrock d1800m mother board and a new blank wd500gig hard drive. Put it all together stuck in the CD that came with the board and this is what i see ( REBOOT AND SELECT PROPER BOOT DEVICE OR INSERT BOOT MEDIA IN SELECTED BOOT DEVICE AND PRESS A KEY ) Now what gives? I have changed the boot order from hard drive to cd/dvd drive to NO a vale, do i have a BAD mother board? or what.

Re: No boot up

Originally posted by atexasattitude View Post
    I am building a new desktop computer, i have a asrock d1800m mother board and a new blank wd500gig hard drive. Put it all together stuck in the CD that came with the board and this is what i see ( REBOOT AND SELECT PROPER BOOT DEVICE OR INSERT BOOT MEDIA IN SELECTED BOOT DEVICE AND PRESS A KEY ) Now what gives? I have changed the boot order from hard drive to cd/dvd drive to NO a vale, do i have a BAD mother board? or what.
    You have not installed an operating system, so there is nothing to boot.
    The CD that came with the motherboard is just drivers and utilities, motherboard is probably fine.
    You had better do a bit of research into PC building before you go any further..............and whatever you do , DO NOT try to update the BIOS............You will not get a second chance with that, just a dead motherboard..........
    AS Rock H97M-ITX/AC, BIOS vers 1.8 Pentium G3258K CPU Alpenfrohn Silvretta CPU Cooler , 250GB Samsung EVO Boot . Toshiba 2.5" HDD 1TB data. Pico 160XT power module
    , Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 4GB x2, , . Win7 Pro 64 bit, Logitech k360 keyboard and Logitech M185 mouse. Realan W80 ITX case.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    AS Rock AB350 Fatal1ty-Gaming-ITX, BIOS 3.1, Ryzen3-1200, Samsung 960M.2 NVME 256GB boot, Firecuda 1TB Data, G-Unique 300watt power module, Crucial Ballistix Sport 2400 x2 (16GB), XFX R7-240 2 GB GPU, Lian-Li PC-Q21B ITX case.

Comment

Working...
    X