Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WS-E 10/g - ships with BIOS 1.8, but need P3.0 to use a modern 6850k. What now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WS-E 10/g - ships with BIOS 1.8, but need P3.0 to use a modern 6850k. What now?

I've contacted Asrock via their support but no answers yet. :(

WS-E 10/g - ships with BIOS 1.8, but need P3.0 to use a modern 6850k.
    I bought all these parts because they're compatible. Yes, tge 6850k DOES work with the board...

But what one can't predict, is that the motherboard would ship with such an old BIOS on it. Now I have a board that won't POST because it's not detecting the CPU. I can't update the BIOS to detect my CPU, without a CPU detected and on the board.
    That's obviously a flawed system. Catch22. Now what?

Trying to get a BIOS chip mailed to me will take weeks. Can't blind flash it.
    Just... astounded at this, that it ships without a current BIOS and no easy way to update the BIOS apart from buying a 2nd CPU I don't need.

Need help urgently.
    Last edited by jgrean; 12-15-2016, 08:46 AM. Reason: Clarification

Re: WS-E 10/g - ships with BIOS 1.8, but need P3.0 to use a modern 6850k. What now?

Bought a 5820k and put it in, got it to boot past the error code.
    Completely stupid that I have to get a lower-spec CPU just to get access to the BIOS.
    Then got an error code for the SATA. Changed ports, error went away.
    Now have a 99 error for VGA or PCIe. I have a GTX1070. Does the board work with a 1070 and BIOS 1.8? No info on the Asrock site. No replies from Asrock support (here or via Asrock support on their site). None.

Comment

Working...
    X