FM2A88X-ITX+ and msata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FM2A88X-ITX+ and msata

I have a nice freebie on its way to me, an mitx case with the following, FM2A88X-ITX+, A8-7600, 2 x 4GB Crucial ballistic 1866, wi-fi card in msata slot, on board 90 watt PSU board,
    Just storage required... I have various Samsung SSd I can use, but am interested in what I could use in the msata port, having never used msata before. Is it worth using instead of a 2,5" SSD?Probably just for a boot drive.I will also be porting the whole lot into a slightly bigger case so I can use a Seasonic SFX 300 watt PSU, 90 does not see enough for this setup.
    AS Rock H97M-ITX/AC, BIOS vers 1.8 Pentium G3258K CPU Alpenfrohn Silvretta CPU Cooler , 250GB Samsung EVO Boot . Toshiba 2.5" HDD 1TB data. Pico 160XT power module
    , Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 4GB x2, , . Win7 Pro 64 bit, Logitech k360 keyboard and Logitech M185 mouse. Realan W80 ITX case.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    AS Rock AB350 Fatal1ty-Gaming-ITX, BIOS 3.1, Ryzen3-1200, Samsung 960M.2 NVME 256GB boot, Firecuda 1TB Data, G-Unique 300watt power module, Crucial Ballistix Sport 2400 x2 (16GB), XFX R7-240 2 GB GPU, Lian-Li PC-Q21B ITX case.

Re: FM2A88X-ITX+ and msata

Dear stree,
    This is Michael from ASRock Technical support Team.

The Mini-PCI Express slot on FM2A88-ITX+ supports both mini-PCIe and mSATA signals.
    Even though the mini-PCIe slot is for bundled wireless card on this board, mSATA SSD also can be used on the slot, either.
    If you would like to use with mSATA SSD, please remove bundled Wi-Fi+BT module from motherboard and then install the mSATA SSD on it.
    However, you choose using mSATA SSD and are not able to use Wi-Fi function with the bundled module on this board.
    Please understand it and you can choose the one according to your application.

Thank you!

Have a great day,
    ASRock TSD-Michael

Comment

Working...
    X