Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New C2750D4I wont power up

Hi all,

I've just purchased a new C2750D4I motherboard along with 16GB Crucial EEC DDR3 memory (CT2KIT102474BD160B - 2x8GB 1600 EUDIMM V1.35VCL11) and have been attempting to get it set up.

Initially it was up working fine, the BIOS showed up the 16GB memory correctly, etc. I was taking a look through both the BIOS and IPMI. So, all good.

As it's a new build I thought I would make sure the BIOS was up to date, so downloaded the 2.90 update to a USB drive and upgraded the BIOS. This rebooted fine and booted into FreeDOS that was installed on the same USB drive.

I restarted it and I was checking the BIOS to make sure the version was updated as expected before preparing a copy of Unraid that I was going to install.
    I hit ESC to exit the BIOS, went with "Save & Exit" (I don't think I actually changed anything) and it exited and powered off.

I've been unable to power it on since.

The Power Button does nothing. I can access the IPMI and attempting to power on from there gives the "Performing power action failed" message.
    All sensors in IPMI show green with no errors logged.

I've tried to do a CMOS reset, in case I changed something in the BIOS:

* Powered off; disconnected power cable and switched off PSU; connected CLRCMOS1 points on motherboard with a paperclip for a number of seconds while pressing the power button; then reconnected power.

* Also tried removing CMOS battery for a number of hours.

I think one of these should have cleared the settings alright, but I still cannot get the board to power up.

Can anyone suggest anything else to get this board back up? Or do I need to return the board?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alan Leary.

Re: New C2750D4I wont power up

Alan,

Try removing the CMOS battery AND short the CLRCMOS1 pads at the same time. If this doesn't work, I'd recommend to contact the user AsRockRack TSD - Bill, our resident tech support.

Comment

Hi Retteren,

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately no joy with that either. I'll get in contact Bill and see if he can help.

Thanks,
      Alan.

Comment

did you get the license number ?

Comment

Working...
        X