Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 980DE3/U3S3 bios time

Good day to all,

Just updated my Asrock mobo 980DE3/U3S3 bios from 1.400 to 2.00, but now the bios time is not correct.
    On every boot i have to F2 into the bios and correct the time manually, else my pc won't boot into windows 10.
    What could cause this, every other change in the bios is correctly saved, only the time isn't.
    My pc :
    Processor : AMD FX-4300
    RAM : 8,00GB Dual-Kanaal DDR3 @ 801MHz
    Motherboard : ASRock 980DE3/U3S3 (CPUSocket)
    GPU : 2047MBNVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (MSI

Thanks in advanced for every help.

Re: 980DE3/U3S3 bios time

Originally posted by Bossie12 View Post
    Good day to all,

Just updated my Asrock mobo 980DE3/U3S3 bios from 1.400 to 2.00, but now the bios time is not correct.
    On every boot i have to F2 into the bios and correct the time manually, else my pc won't boot into windows 10.
    What could cause this, every other change in the bios is correctly saved, only the time isn't.
    My pc :
    Processor : AMD FX-4300
    RAM : 8,00GB Dual-Kanaal DDR3 @ 801MHz
    Motherboard : ASRock 980DE3/U3S3 (CPUSocket)
    GPU : 2047MBNVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (MSI

Thanks in advanced for every help.
    Try replacing the cmos battery it keep real time aswell as bios settings...

Comment

Originally posted by Joe-912 View Post
      Try replacing the cmos battery it keep real time aswell as bios settings...
      First i try to go back to bios version 1.400 and if that brings no solution i will try a new battery, thank you for the reply.

Comment

Ok, i tried all bios versions, but only v1.400 is good for this board.
        Every other bios is giving troubles and doesn't start Windows 10 right away,
        without setting time in bios every time i start my pc.
        Strange behaviour, so i will stay on v1.400.

Comment

So did you put new battery in? and it's staill not saving time setting

Comment

Originally posted by Joe-912 View Post
            So did you put new battery in? and it's staill not saving time setting
            No, i didn't put in a new battery, didn't have to 'cause on v1.400 time is and stays allright, on every other version it did not !

Comment

oh ok if you happy to stay on 1.40 bios, I would have still tried a new battery, sounds like some sort of bios corruption when you flash to latest.
              I see theres 2 years difference in 1.40 bios and the latest 2.00

Comment

I also had problems with this 980DE3 board after upgrade from win7 to win10. Black screen boots, bios checksum errors, completely stupid dates beyond year 3000!! My bios was 1.60 and upgrade to 2.0 did not fix anything. Thanks to bossie12 for the tipoff - i went back to ancient bios 1.40 and now it works. Looks like all recent bios versions are bad for win 10.
                Last edited by kgb0; 02-20-2016, 07:31 PM. Reason: error!

Comment

I thought I would add my share of problems to this forum.

I'm a system administrator looking after 100+ pc's. I have migrated them all to Windows 10 Pro.

we have 36 x 980de3/u3s3 + Nvidia/AMD GFX combos

I reported this issue to Asrock back in Oct 2015, they denied anything and did not want to help even though I showed them proof of how to replicate this issue.

980de3/u3s3 + AMD GFX no issues. Doesn't matter if older bios or new. This is how we temporarily got around the issue of bios resetting, clock going to 3000/4000+ year.
                  980de3/u3s3 + Nvidia has major issues with bios v1.5 and higher. CMOS reset after a shutdown, clock reset, black login screens. This also caused some drives to have there bootmgr to get corrupted.

I can confirm going back to v1.40 does indeed fix the 980de3/u3s3 + Nvidia GFX combo issue.

Josh

Comment

Working...
                  X