ASRock FM2A55M-VG3+ memory support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock FM2A55M-VG3+ memory support

Hello, I'm tempted to buy a processor (AMD A8 7600 Quad Core) to make a slight upgrade on my computer, staying with the following configuration:

Processor : AMD A8 7600
    Motherboard : ASRock FM2A55M-VG3+
    Memory : KVR1333D3N9/4G - 4GB DDR3 1333

I was seeing the list of compatible memories with the motherboard(http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A55M-VG3+/?cat=Memory ) and not found that my memory model (KVR1333D3N9/4G), will be that I will have a problem?

Re: ASRock FM2A55M-VG3+ memory support

Nobody knows, the memory is the same on the QVL for all processors, so just because you upgrade the CPU doesn't mean the memory will stop working.

If that memory worked with the current CPU, then it should n theory work with the new CPU.

If this is new memory and it's not on the QVL, then nobody knows if it will have problems, the only thing you can do is contact ASrock support and ask them if then can check that memory and send you aUEFI update if the memory doesn't work
    or buy memory off the QVL list.

Comment

Re: ASRock FM2A55M-VG3+ memory support

You must also consider that the A8 7600 is specified for a ram speed of 2133 MHz. Of course, it can run with slower ram too, but you will loose some speed, especially for the GPU part of the A8 7600.
      ---
      Mind is not cumulative, but stupidity is.

Comment

Working...
      X