Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 on RAID0

Hi,

Did anyone successfully upgrade to or install Windows 10 on RAID0 SSD system Drive?
    I have waste the whole day and finally restore from backup my Windows 8.1
    My PC is:
    Asrock Z87 Extreme6 a/c
    RAID0 on Samsung EVO 840 250GB SSD

I hope Microsoft will find some solution before 29 July when free upgrade option will expire.

Regards,

badzi0r

Re: Windows 10 on RAID0

Yes, but it took a few tries. I,m running an ASRock Extreme 6AC with a 5820 core and 2 Samsung EVO850's in raid 0with UEFI Bios I'm also doing multi-boot to Win 7, Win 10 and Ubuntu. In order to get Win 7 to upgrade to Win 10 I had to download the ISO from Microsoft and burn the DVD. Then boot to the CD and chose the partition that had Win 7 on it. Reboots were a little tricky , but after a couple of tries I even got that working correctly. It's a pain but it can be done!

Comment

Re: Windows 10 on RAID0

Hi schroyb,

Thanks for reply.
      I have tried all options. I have download an ISO image from Microsoft onto USB and tried to many ways to install, including clean with a newest Intel RAID controller driver on USB.
      Meanwhile I have install Windows 8.1 to do completely clean upgrade and also didn't help. Windows installer seen the RAID0 volumes as drives but I couldn't install of them and Intel drivers cause the crush installer.
      Hopefully someone advise how to pass through this upgrade before July. ;)

Comment

Working...
      X