ASRock X99 Extreme 11 Memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock X99 Extreme 11 Memory

I recently purchased the X99 Extreme 11 motherboard. I am interested in maxing out the memory to the full 128 GB. (16GB x8 non-ecc). I have the Intel Core i7 5960X processor. Can someone please suggest what memory I should purchase. I have 8 Corsair DDR4 2666 16 GB sticks, which function in two other X99 motherboards (ASUS and EVGA), however they do not seem to be compatible with this board. I am willing to spend up to $1500.00 on memory. I just want to make sure it is compatible before I purchase it. I have checked the (outdated) memory list and the only 16 GB sticks on the list are Samsung ECC. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: ASRock X99 Extreme 11 Memory

I've used this memory on this board with this chip. The trick is to only load half of it at first, set up your xmp profile, then turn it off and load the other half. It will take a little longer than normal to boot, but it works. If you overclock your processor a little bit it makes it more stable too.

Comment

Re: ASRock X99 Extreme 11 Memory

Wow, finally found another owner of an Extreme11 board with 5960x.
      Most forums are void of the topic with the exception of compaints of the board price, not actual owners.

Originally posted by Paulbr39 View Post
      I recently purchased the X99 Extreme 11 motherboard. I am interested in maxing out the memory to the full 128 GB. (16GB x8 non-ecc). I have the Intel Core i7 5960X processor. Can someone please suggest what memory I should purchase. I have 8 Corsair DDR4 2666 16 GB sticks, which function in two other X99 motherboards (ASUS and EVGA), however they do not seem to be compatible with this board. I am willing to spend up to $1500.00 on memory. I just want to make sure it is compatible before I purchase it. I have checked the (outdated) memory list and the only 16 GB sticks on the list are Samsung ECC. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
      Please forgive all the questions but as you know, there are not to many Extreme11 owners.
      Were you able to get the non-ecc 128 GB to work?
      If so, how stable does it seem with that ram?
      Have you tried faster ram?

I have the same board and cpu.
      AsRock has a compatibility guide but lacks higher speed and sizes.
      I contacted them about 16gb sticks up to 128 total, here was their response:

For 16GB memory module support, we already release BIOS L1.35 to support 16GB memory on X99 Extreme11.

Beta zone link: ASRock > X99 Extreme11

And we have ever tested the following memory module on X99 platform and it's working well for your reference.

Crucial DDR4-2133 32GBx2 (LRDIMM, CT32G4LFQ4213)
      Corsair CMK32GX4M2A2400C14 2x16GB

Samsung M393A2G40DB0-CPB (ECC)

Still did not tell me if 128 gb could be used, and no mention of 3200mhz, so if you get the whole 128 to work, please let me know.
      I ended up getting gskill, they have a QVL tab for their ram showing compatible tested ram.
      G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 Series 64GB (8 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400

I would love to be using faster ram and more, this board supports up to 3200+ but can't find a vendor to support it.

Thanks in advance
      Last edited by Southeast; 12-31-2015, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X