Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Drv64.exe - bad image" when i went to install win 7 USB 3 drivers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Drv64.exe - bad image" when i went to install win 7 USB 3 drivers.

I took a snap show of the problem using win7 screen capture.
    I just did a clean install of win 7 and was up dating the drivers to Intel(R)
    _USB_3.0_eXtensible_Host_Controller_Driver_4.0.0.3 6 from
    Intel(R)_USB_3.0_eXtensible_Host_Driver_3.0.5.69 (I changed the exact length cuz nero was complain its too
    long)
    Im using a z97 extreme 6 and win 7 x64 home premium. The other odd thing is it created a pop up after each
    time i boot and i dont know what it means nor how to get rid of it.
    was wondering if it could be related to order of install for ex inf, management engine etc., OR if i need to
    install the disk which is OEM win 7 service pack 1 and Should i wait to update with windows update before
    installing the drivers?
    All the updates that im aware of have been updated before install of OS.
    Thx
    P.s. had this happened on my last clean install
    and I installed from dir in drive d:
    Attached Files

Re: "Drv64.exe - bad image" when i went to install win 7 USB 3 drivers.

Do you have the kernel-mode driver framework 1.11 installed? It's necessary for Windows 7 to install newer drivers.
    ---
    Mind is not cumulative, but stupidity is.

Comment

Look in programs and uninstall the Intel USB 3.0 SOFT.

Download the driver from ASrock 3.0.1.41. ASrock has a website. ASRock > Z97 Extreme6

The newest driver out is 4.0.2.42 WHQL, but usually the one onsite is the stablest.
      Last edited by odiebugs; 11-15-2015, 04:36 AM.

Comment

@odiebugs:

I have the 4.0.2.42 installed on my Z97E-ITX/ac motherboard and it' running without problems. But in my experience is is recommended to deinstall an older Intel USB 3.0 driver, reboot and then install a newer version.
        ---
        Mind is not cumulative, but stupidity is.

Comment

I installed the win 7 w/sp1 that I have then ran win update which took like an hd then tried installing usb 3 v3.0.5.69 off intel site and still had same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by odiebugs View Post
            Look in programs and uninstall the Intel USB 3.0 SOFT.

Download the driver from ASrock 3.0.1.41. ASrock has a website. ASRock > Z97 Extreme6

The newest driver out is 4.0.2.42 WHQL, but usually the one onsite is the stablest.
            yeah agree 100% its why I went with v 3.0.1.41 and what I don't get it still deletes old drivers one by one and creates new ones its just the other crap that happens like I describe.

Comment

I also looked in win update history and I don't see it there. I just don't get why INTC USB 3 are such a pain nothing else is and I did install INF first.

Comment

Originally posted by SandsOfTime View Post
                Do you have the kernel-mode driver framework 1.11 installed? It's necessary for Windows 7 to install newer drivers.
                Do you have any ideas as to why win update did not install it, i just dont get why intel driver for usb 3 is such a pain in the but

Comment

when i went to install it it said its already on my system

Comment

Originally posted by sebastian869 View Post
                    Do you have any ideas as to why win update did not install it, i just dont get why intel driver for usb 3 is such a pain in the but
                    What is the best spot to install from for ex? DVD sept HD? or on c?

THX

Comment

@odiebugs:

I have the 4.0.2.42 installed on my Z97E-ITX/ac motherboard and it' running without problems. But in my experience is is recommended to deinstall an older Intel USB 3.0 driver, reboot and then install a newer version.
                      That's why I said go to programs. See they probably used the "Software" installer Setup.exe, and didn't just point the hardware to the driver, and if they ran the installer, if you Uninstall it, it also removes the driver.

You can also update "most drivers" and there's absolutely no reason to remove the older one because there's no conflict.
                      Last edited by odiebugs; 11-15-2015, 05:54 PM.

Comment

That pic looks like your trying to install the incorrect x86 or x64 driver package.

A dir like "C:\Installs" off the root of C is what I use. Keeps the dir length short as possible.
                        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
                        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

How to disable driver updates from Windows Update - gHacks Tech News
                          #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
                          ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
                            That pic looks like your trying to install the incorrect x86 or x64 driver package.

A dir like "C:\Installs" off the root of C is what I use. Keeps the dir length short as possible.
                            Its the driver off intel site that says its supports my hardware I dont know what the hell is goin on i noticed after install of disk and win up date which took over hr and i ran the install i had that error so i again installed the disk this time just did inf and the driver and no problems

Comment

yeah that again is a major pain and i now do what u said. Especially when i go to backup so i have a mster disk w drivers jus like the mobo disk and if the driver is long it installed 3 dir deep and nero wown let it it burn so i had to change name and the win and i have is x64 do u dont get that error.

Comment

Working...
                              X