Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asrock Z87M pro4 kill my graphics cards ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Z87M pro4 kill my graphics cards ?

Hello,

First: sorry for my english, I live in France.
    I got problems with my computer. My second graphic card die yesterday on an Asrock Z87M Pro4.

History :
    • May 2014, I buy Z87M Pro 4 new processor and memory.
    • October 2014, my first graphics card die (ATI 4850). 4850 are old and obsolete, ok, I buy a new one.
    • November 2015, my second graphics card die (ATI R9 290X), same symptom.

The graphic card are not recognised, in bios or windows. On my computer or other computer.
    ATI 4850 work perfectly on my old motherboard while 5 years with 2 motherboard.

The motherboard kill my graphic card. Its possible ?
    My second graphic card are always in garanty, not my motherboard. If the motherboard are the problem, It is only a question of time before she die another time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CPU-Z _2.png
Views:	1
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	756389

Re: Asrock Z87M pro4 kill my graphics cards ?

Hi FrenchGuy and Welcome.

When did you update the BIOS from 2.50 to 2.70?

Also, while you get 10 Atta Boys for filling out your system specs, would you please go back and offer complete specs?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

I made bios update (2.5 to 2.7, or 2.6, I cant remember) to try to fix my problem with the ATI 4850.

My computer spec's are in my "FrenchGuy's PC Specs" above the thread, but I can give more informaton :
      Processors Information -------------------------------------------------------- - Pastebin.com

I have try an reinstallation of Win7, nothing change, my graphics card are not recognised in bios or OS.
      Last edited by FrenchGuy; 11-11-2015, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Please provide your full system specifications including brand names and model numbers.

I hope your Corsair CX power supply is not the CX430 model.

We need detailed information about ALL OF THE HARDWARE in your system.

We can best help you after you create a detailed hardware list in the System Specs
        portion of your forum profile at the bottom of the profile page or in your forum signature.
        Be sure to include brand names and model numbers.
        When you are done editing or creating your hardware list, save the settings.
        Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
        P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
        4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
        MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
        Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
        WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
        Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
        SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
        Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
        Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
        Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
        MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
        Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
        win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
        HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
        CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
        E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
        Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
        Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
        HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
        win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Originally posted by profJim View Post
          I hope your Corsair CX power supply is not the CX430 model.
          Or the CX 500 and very quite possibly the CX 600 also. I myself on this board/CPU wouldn't consider less than the CX 750 as many places are listing "Radeon R9-290X - 33A and a 600W psu minimum".

600w Minimum

And yes, the PSU you have there FrenchGuy is what I am looking for there when I asked to complete your system specs.

We grow into upgrading the bits and pieces of our systems one piece at a time, yet the most overlooked item while doing this is our PSU's.

Whereas IMO it should be the first item upgraded. As it's usually last to be pointed at for causing our problems in the first place.
          #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
          ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
            Or the CX 500 and very quite possibly the CX 600 also. I myself on this board/CPU wouldn't consider less than the CX 750 as many places are listing "Radeon R9-290X - 33A and a 600W psu minimum".

600w Minimum

And yes, the PSU you have there FrenchGuy is what I am looking for there when I asked to complete your system specs.

We grow into upgrading the bits and pieces of our systems one piece at a time, yet the most overlooked item while doing this is our PSU's.

Whereas IMO it should be the first item upgraded. As it's usually last to be pointed at for causing our problems in the first place.
            Sure is funny, people that need a driver post every piece and serial number, and the ones you need the hardware it's like pulling teeth. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by odiebugs View Post
              Sure is funny, people that need a driver post every piece and serial number, and the ones you need the hardware it's like pulling teeth. LOL
              hehehe, yea. He still earned 10 Atta Boys for filling in what he did on his first post. Many, you don't discover what they're using until the umpteenth post, then it's like "Well, DUH!". That is, if, IF, I haven't since stopped paying attention due to their lack of attentiveness in helping us help them. Patience is not a virtue of mine.

I have a hunch don't mistake the OP's silence here as inaction. My guess is he just had an eye opening OMG moment.

Comment

Working...
              X