Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AsRock x99 Extreme4 with 10 beeps

Hi everyone,
    I just got the brand new AsRock X99 Extreme4 with the following parts.
    - Xeon E5-2630 V3
    - Corsair LPX 2666MHz 4x4GB
    - Corsair RM750 power supply
    - Corsair H100i cooler
    - intel SSD 180GB
    - VGA Sapphire HD7970 Vapor-X ** also have another HD5870 to try, both are working great on another machine.

Everything look good (RAM, CPU also in the compatible lis), but about 2-3 second after power on it only the 10 beeps and nothing happen.
    I have search for the answer but not so sure where is the problem. 10 beeps said, its CMOS read/write error that should be the motherboard.

What i have tried.
    - remove VGA
    - remove HD
    - remove RAM
    - also tried re-seating CPU, RAM (4 RAM in A1,B1, C1, D1 slot as manual said), CPU also check for the bent pin (no any bent)

I tried keep it minimal without any additional hook up, but still have 10 beeps.

I have no idea for now, any reply would be really appreciate.

Thanks in advanced.
    Tony

Re: AsRock x99 Extreme4 with 10 beeps

10 beeps happens only in the boot block code, not POST

10 beeps is "Flash Erase error"

Check your BIOS CLR jumper/switch is in the correct position please.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Thank you wardog,

I have search the forum and found some CMOS reset trick, leave it over night did the trick for me. (sorry, i cannot remember the thread), but something like the following steps.

- un-plug AC
      - press power switch for 10 seconds
      - set clear CMOS jumper on the mother board to pin 2-3 (for my X99 Extreme4)
      - remove the CMOS battery backup
      - i leave it over night (may not necessary for the entire night, a couple hours should be good enough)
      - the next morning, move the jumper to normal position (1-2)
      - put the CMOS battery back
      - plug-in AC
      - press the power button....and... bingo !! the AsRock logo display, so i can go into the BIOS setup and start install the Windows.

in my case, i have tried press the clear CMOS button at the back plate (or even press and hold for 5-10 seconds), but it does not work for me.
      for whom facing the same issues as me should try this trick.

anyway, many thanks wardog ;)

Comment

Good, you got it working!
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Hi Again,

(10 beeps still occur with specific VGA)

i just realise that i use another VGA after CMOS reset, so may be the problem came from the VGA, so i start the new thread according to the VGA issue, please following the link below.

Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X