Can Someone PLEASE Help Me Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Someone PLEASE Help Me Out

I have asrock z97 extreme 6 motherboard and in the BIOS under "Storage Configuration"(Basically SATA3 controller and Hardrives DVD assignments etc settings) in UEFI there is a setting "ASMEDIA SATA3 MODE" and there are 3 options i recall right, IDE, Auto and AHCI. My question is does this need to be enable or can id be disabled as im assuming the only real relevant options are AHCI or Disable. Is it possible to disable it and still use the comp with out issues as I think there should be a Intel part of the SATA if i understand correctly? Or does the does it need to be enabled and the driver installed?

How do i tell if I need to have it if there is a way. The chip is ASMedia ASM1061 dunno if that matters.
    I just have one SSD hd and one reg 1TB hd and Blu ray using SATA.

Thanks,
    Sebastian
    Last edited by sebastian869; 11-02-2015, 08:23 PM.

Re: Can Someone PLEASE Help Me Out

The ASMedia ASM1061 SATA ports are slow. Don't use them unless absolutely needed. They are the top 4 ports labeled SATA3_Ax_xx . FYI, A for ASMedia.

So long as you're not using the above ports, yea, I'd simply disable them in the BIOS.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
    X