Problem upgrading Bios x99 extreme 4, bricked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem upgrading Bios x99 extreme 4, bricked

Upgrading my bios using all methods dont work, all resulting to a no boot status.

I always have to recovering by flashing back to the backup ram.

It there any solution for this?

Re: Problem upgrading Bios x99 extreme 4, bricked

Chye, please list what hardware comprises your system.

I'm assuming this is a new build, right?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

My system comprises of

X99 Extreme4
      32GB DDR4 memory Gskill
      Intel i7-5960X
      GTX-Titan X'
      4 mixture of SSDs and HDDs

I have been using the computer for ~ 6 mths, trying to upgrade because the bios is really old and need to resolve a computer sleep issue

The problem I faced is I cannot upgrade the BIOS no matter what I tried, only reverting from the backup works
      The end result is always cant boot up - black screen

Comment

Blech. There's another X99 board + Titan X having BIOS update issues.

I suggest you too contact ASRock Tech Support and inform them of your issue AND system components. Hopefully they'll roll up a BIOS with support for your MB and the Titan X.

See: http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/6...ht=#post501807
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Ok thanks, I will

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
          Blech. There's another X99 board + Titan X having BIOS update issues.

I suggest you too contact ASRock Tech Support and inform them of your issue AND system components. Hopefully they'll roll up a BIOS with support for your MB and the Titan X.

See: http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/6...ht=#post501807

Comment

Working...
          X