USB ports for 3.0 on MB don't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB ports for 3.0 on MB don't work

I have a Asrock Z170 Extreme7+ MB. I just installed the MB and put on windows 10 64 bit. None of the ports for 3.0 headers ( USB3_7_8 or USB3_5_6) work.

From Device Manager:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

The SuperSpeed link to the USB device keeps going to an error state Compliance. If the device is removable, remove the device and then disable/enable from device manager to recover.

I disabled it and reenabled it and no luck. Are there some drivers available to fix this?

Re: USB ports for 3.0 on MB don't work

Are they the ASMedia 3.0 ports that aren't functioning? Did you manually install the ASMedia driver or did the Windows install use the ones it has on whatever media you used?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

(Quote from: Wardog:

Are they the ASMedia 3.0 ports that aren't functioning? Did you manually install the ASMedia driver or did the Windows install use the ones it has on whatever media you used?(End Quote)

I answered this earlier, but for some reason it didn't post. So here goes again:

I have updated the ASmedia USB drivers and the problem still exists, so I think we're referring to Intel drivers which I have not been able to find. Everyone I tried, got a message about "not being an approved platform".

For your other comments:

1) I have updated my profile to list all components in my PC. How you get that I don't know lol.

2) Ram is approved by Asrock and is GSkill DDR3 3600; n/a for AMD; n/a for AMD; I tried Intel drivers, but they wouldn't install due to wrong platform.

3) I ran the online PSU program and it listed 875 Watts needed and recommended 1000 Watts. I have a 1000 Watt PSU Gold, so no problem there.

One other thing of note: When inserting the USB device in, there is no power. I know this because of an LED that normally shows when my USB device is inserted. It shows for all USB2.0, 3.0, and 3.1 ports that are not on a header in the MB (3.0 headers ( USB3_7_8 or USB3_5_6)).

So still no answer, keep trying I guess, I sure hope its not a bad MB lol.

Comment

If your BIOS isn't currently flashed to 2.00 please flash your BIOS to 2.00 using the Instant Flash option from within your current BIOS.

Please leave the USB stick in the USB 2.0 port after flashing and rebooting. It may update the ME after the reboot.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

I just noticed you have another thread concerning this MB and Windows 10 x64.

With this USB 3.0 problem and your other one, can I suggest fresh install?

Comment

Since you have problem only with extension headers, then, have you used correct cables and connections to this header? Front USB 3.0 headers have specific cables so that conventional USB 2.0 cables don't work properly on it. If yo say that even LED of the flash doesn't light, I am in doubt about correct pin connections. If you had once made a mistake and then corrected it, then your USB ports may be damaged!
            Last edited by bahram_alinezhad; 12-27-2015, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Re: USB ports for 3.0 on MB don't work - one solution

Originally posted by bahram_alinezhad View Post
              Since you have problem only with extension headers, then, have you used correct cables and connections to this header? Front USB 3.0 headers have specific cables so that conventional USB 2.0 cables don't work properly on it. If yo say that even LED of the flash doesn't light, I am in doubt about correct pin connections. If you had once made a mistake and then corrected it, then your USB ports may be damaged!
              Wow, this is an old thread and has been resolved as bad cables / incompatible headers using the cables that came with HAF X and an addon 3.0 slot x2 external slot. Note: These are certified 3.0 cables for MB headers not add on cables, they came with the ports attached, but for some reason didn't work on the headers for the Z170 Extreme 7+. The clarify about the lights, they were inconsistent. Sometimes working and sometimes not. To solve the problem, it was more most efficiently solved using the existing 3.0 certified cables and PCI Gen2 X2 USB 3.0 2 port 20 Pin expansion card Silver Stone Model: ECU01 N11883. I had the PCI slot at end of MB that wasn't doing anythign and the existing cables wotked with it. I didn't want to return the MB since that is a crap shoot and could have had other problems. Since there were no other problems, I cut my losses and decided to keep the MB.

Comment

Working...
              X