Z170 Extreme4 poor performance of RAM with BIOS 1.80 & 2.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z170 Extreme4 poor performance of RAM with BIOS 1.80 & 2.10

Hi, after updating the BIOS to version 1.80 or 2.10, RAM performance has declined by almost half of what he had with version 1.60. I show images of AIDA 64 Memory benchmark

Memory: HyperX Fury 2x8GB DDR4-2666

With BIOS 1.60

With BIOS 1.80 & 2.10

In all cases it is working with the XMP profile.

Re: Z170 Extreme4 poor performance of RAM with BIOS 1.80 & 2.10

Originally posted by juasen View Post
    In all cases it is working with the XMP profile.
    Lost us there with that last statement.

It IS or IS NOT working 'properly' when you set them using XMP?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
      Lost us there with that last statement.

It IS or IS NOT working 'properly' when you set them using XMP?
      I've taken the time to see this problem with the BIOS 1.8 and 2.10, in any way working properly, I returned to version 1.60. I assure you that ASRock has done a deficient work with the latest versions of the BIOS. By the way, while browsing the menus UEFI constant freezing occur, that I have not seen before with other manufacturers.

Comment

I wonder. First off, to be sure I understand, you have the Extreme4 and NOT the Extreme4+ , correct ?

THIS thread is what I below am getting/guessing at when referencing BIOS 1.80, the tipping point from ok to nasty for you, also updates a lot more than just the BIOS. I'm thinking that after the initial BIOS flashing, that after a reboot and with the usb stick still in it will update the remainder of the updates carried within 1.80 for your board

Try this. While flashed to 1.60 and it working as it should, use Instant Flash from within the BIOS menu and flash with BIOS 1.80 on a usb stick in a usb 2.0 port. BUT, upon it finishing updating the BIOS and asks to press a key to reboot, this time leave the usb stick in, and press to reboot. When it reboots(with the usb stick STILL in) does it now begin to update the ME, RC, and or Microcode?
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

I have the same problem with memory for BIOS version 1.8 \ 2.1. In version 1.6 it's OK.
          Memory: 2 * 8 GB Kingston HyperX (KHX2666C15D4/8G)

Comment

With the new BIOS version 2.30 remains the poor performance of the RAM , very bad.

Comment

I've taken the time to see this problem with the BIOS 1.8 and 2.10, in any way working properly, I returned to version 1.60. I assure you that ASRock has done a deficient work with the latest versions of the BIOS. By the way, while browsing the menus UEFI constant freezing occur, that I have not seen before with other manufacturers.
              Contact ASrock support, add those pic's to the email and let them know that when they updated the DRAM compatibility, it made your memory worse.

If they don't know they can't help. Maybe they will send you a BETA UEFI to test.

ASRock > Support Request Form

Comment

Originally posted by odiebugs View Post
                Contact ASrock support, add those pic's to the email and let them know that when they updated the DRAM compatibility, it made your memory worse.

If they don't know they can't help. Maybe they will send you a BETA UEFI to test.

ASRock > Support Request Form

I did a month ago, they didn't even answer me. It does not work the ASRock Technical Support.

Comment

I did a month ago, they didn't even answer me. It does not work the ASRock Technical Support.
                  Send your request again.
                  I have the same problem (with bios 1.8, 2.1, 2.3 ) . You are not alone with this problem . I also send a request ASRock Technical Support .

Comment

I'm sorry, not sure why they didn't reply. Look at this forum for a post by TSD Eddy, send him a private message, let him know that no one replied.

This is a UEFI problem, and the most I can do is mod UEFI for new firmware, OROMs, so that's all I can help you with.

If you don't see his name, look at this post - http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/6...e-support.html

Comment

Dear juasen &strimer

Thanks for your inquiry and question.

Please kindly update the BIOS L2.21B from below link:
                      https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0D...ew?usp=sharing

If have further technical question we suggest to send the mail to below again :ASRock > Support Request Form
                      Thank you very much!!

Best wishes
                      ASRock TSD
                      Eddy
                      Last edited by ASRock TSD-Eddy; 11-17-2015, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASRock TSD-Eddy View Post
                        Dear odiebugs,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0D...ew?usp=sharing

If have further technical question we suggest to send the mail to below again :ASRock > Support Request Form
                        Thank you very much!!

Best wishes
                        ASRock TSD
                        Eddy
                        Eddy, this isn't my post, but thanks for posting a UEFI update for the original poster.

I sent you a private message about my Z170 extreme 7+, because the Aptio V changed security protocol so I need a favor from you, don't forget. LOL

Comment

Dear juasen &strimer

Thank you very much!!

Best wishes
                          ASRock TSD
                          Eddy
                          It helped me, my problem was solved.Thank you very much.

Comment

Dear juasen &strimer

Thank you very much!!

Best wishes
                            ASRock TSD
                            Eddy
                            I understand it's a Beta BIOS, I hope soon download the final version as they have gone a couple of BSOD in Windows 10. Thanks.

Comment

I understand it's a Beta BIOS, I hope soon download the final version as they have gone a couple of BSOD in Windows 10. Thanks.
                              Who's they, and what BSOD ?. BSOD can have nothing to do with the UEFI, windows has been BSOD from windows 98, it's far from a perfect OS and actually pretty inconsistent.

The only reason it's a Beta is because it was made for you, and only the memory config was changed, so after testing it might go up as a WHQL or they might not but probably nothing else will be changed in it.

If this Beta is causing a BSOD you need to post it, if not then the THEY you speak of must be people with other UEFI versions.

Comment

Working...
                              X